Sell your property with Jameson and Partners Estate Agents in Altrincham
At Jameson and Partners we understand the importance of achieving the best possible price for your property with the least possible stress.
We manage the entire process from instruction to completion, offering a bespoke service tailored to your individual personal and property needs.
We offer a no-obligation market appraisal service. A member of our professional team will assess your property and evaluate its worth. The no-obligation service is completely free and our representatives can provide up to date local information that can help you make an informed decision regarding your sale.
We pride ourselves on our pro-active and professional approach.
Step by step process:
- Valuation and selecting an agency – Our experienced Sales Manager will value the proeprty you wish to sell, taking into consideration all current market dynamics and influencing factors. Most vendors will now select an agency, this decision is generally based on several factors: opening hours, knowledgeability, office location, exposure you will receive, marketing price and fee offered.
- Presentation – The presentation of your property is critical to a successful sale, therefore we offer a pre-marketing consultation during which we will discuss advised works based around your budget. We can offer contacts for recommended contractors or even project manage the work for you. Usually these jobs are simply a fresh coat of paint, small DIY jobs, decluttering, gardening, cleaning and so forth. Once this has been completed we will take professional photos and draw up floor plans.
- Marketing – To find your perfect buyer and increase your chances for a quick sell, you need to give your property maximum exposure across a wide range of media. With Jameson and Partners your PR will be in good hands as we advertise on all key portals on and off-line; we carefully manage and update all adverts daily.
- Viewings – We offer accompanied viewings on all properties. Our longer opening hours are essential to maximise viewing opportunities for your property.
- Receiving an offer – As soon as an offer is received we will notify you both verbally and in writing. Any special conditions of the offer will also be stated in writing and we will check the buyer’s ability to proceed before you decide whether to accept the offer.
- Offer agreed – Once you accept an offer we will do the following:
- Prepare a memorandum of sale
- Write to all parties to confirm the agreed price
- Ask you to confirm your solicitor’s details
Your solicitor will send out a draft contract to the buyer’s solicitor who will then carry out preliminary enquiries. At this stage you will also be able to agree on dates for the survey on your property, exchange of contracts and proposed date for completion. We will advise you and negotiate on your behalf throughout this process, keeping you informed every step of the way. There are no legal obligations until contracts are signed.
- Exchange of contracts – Exchange of contracts occurs when the following have been confirmed and agreed:
- Preliminary enquiries following receipt of draft contract
- Evidence of a good title
- Specific issues highlighted in the Lease, if applicable
- Local search queries
- Fixtures and fittings to be included in the sale
- The buyer’s mortgage offer
- The deposit – Once the contract has been signed by both parties, the deposit (usually 10% of the purchase price) will be telegraphically transferred or paid in the form of a banker’s draft by the buyer’s solicitor to your solicitor. The completion date is then set by mutual agreement.
- Completion – Completion is when the residual monies (usually 90%) are transferred from the buyer’s solicitor to your solicitor’s account. Your solicitor will call you when the money has cleared in your account and will inform us to release the keys. Congratulations, your property is now sold!