Weldon Road, Altrincham
- Period Terrace in Prime Location
- Two Double Bedrooms
- Lofts and Cellars Offering Potential for Conversion
- Extended Kitchen and Modern Bathroom
- Good Sized Garden
- Original Features
- Catchment Area for Outstanding Altrincham Schools
- Nearby Transport Links to Manchester City Centre
- Gas Central Heating and Double Glazing Throughout
- Ideal for Professionals or a Small Family
Property SummaryThis extended period terrace with abundance of original features and modern fittings is situated in a prime location, close to the centre of Altrincham, Oftsted rated outstanding local grammar schools, excellent transport links and friendly neighbourhood.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION Extended period terrace, two double bedrooms, large garden, original features and within easy walk of Altrincham town centre.
This charming property benefits from two separate reception rooms with original floorboards and period fireplaces, an extended galley kitchen, good sized rear garden and on street parking to he ground floor. To the first floor, are two double bedrooms and modern bathroom suite. There is loft space at the property and two double cellar chambers which provide the perfect opportunity for conversion. Gas central heating and double glazing throughout.
Situated on Weldon Road, the property boasts an amazing location that will appeal both to families and professionals. It is within the catchment of local outstanding primary and secondary schools including Grammar Schools, 0.5 miles from Navigation train station and metrolink with regular transport from Altrincham to Manchester City Centre
Viewing is highly recommended for this property and all enquiries can be made to email@example.com/0161 941 4445.
ENTRANCE HALL The property is entered via a path over the front garden, up three tiled steps and via a period style solid wood floor with glazed inserts. The entrance hall offers solid wood flooring; over head pendant light fitting; double panel radiator and allows access to lounge, dinner, kitchen and stair to first floor.
LIVING ROOM 13' 3" x 10' 10" (4.04m x 3.3m) Great sized living area benefitting from a large double glazed bay window overlooking the front exterior. Original wooden floorboards, beautiful cast iron period fireplace set on stone hearth, neutral décor, with period style skirting and cornicing. The room also benefits from a television point and overhead pendant light fitting.
LOUNGE 13' 2" x 11' 7" (4.01m x 3.53m) Originally the dining room, this room has been adapted to a second living area. Featuring original floorboards, period cast iron coal fireplace with stone hearth and wooden surround and mantelpiece. The room benefits from a great sized double glazed window with roller blind to the rear aspect and papered walls.
KITCHEN 23' 2" x 7' 7" (7.06m x 2.31m) Extended galley kitchen with double glazed windows to the rear and side aspects. The kitchen is fitted with a range of matching base and eye level cream colored wooden units with wood affect surfaces and tiled splash back walls, and laminate tiled affect floor. There is space and plumbing for washer/dryer; dishwasher; oven and large fridge/freezer. The extension has made space for a large dining table and pantry storage area. Access to the rear garden is given through a uPVC door, and the room has two overhead pendant light fittings.
LANDING With neutrally painted walls; carpet flooring and white wooden painted balustrades; over head pendant light fitting; loft access hatch and doors to bedrooms and bathroom.
MASTER BEDROOM 13' 8" x 11' 2" (4.17m x 3.4m) Large master bedroom occupying the front half of the first floor of the property. Wardrobes have been fitted in the alcoves; two single panel radiators; two double glazed windows to the front aspect; carpeted flooring and overhead pendant light fitting.
SECOND BEDROOM 13' 4" x 8' 2" (4.06m x 2.49m) A second double rooms with double glazed window to the rear aspect with fitted blind and curtains; double radiator; carpeted flooring; overhead light fitting and fitted wardrobes.
FAMILY BATHROOM 8' 5" x 7' 7" (2.57m x 2.31m) Large family bathroom benefits from a three piece suite including; panelled bathtub with electric shower over and glazed screen; pedestal hand wash basin; low level WC; chrome heated towel rail; half tiled walls and tiled floor; wall mounted worcester boiler; and frosted glass double glazed window. This room would easily accommodate a separate tower shower if required.
CELLAR CHAMBER ONE 13' 3" x 10' 10" (4.04m x 3.3m) Large cellar chamber directly under the front half of the property, offering great potential for conversion. Previously used as an air raid shelter during World War Two, this chamber has the addition of reinforced pillars.
CELLAR CHAMBER TWO 10' 10" x 7' 8" (3.3m x 2.34m) A second cellar chamber with potential to convert.
EXTERNAL Large south facing garden, the size of this garden is a real bonus for a terrace house in this area. The garden has been largely laid to lawn with well tended and established shrubs to the boarders and a patio area adjacent to the house. There is access via a gate to alley between the terraces for bins.
To the front of the property lies a good sized front garden edged by hedges. The road allows for on street residents parking.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. When was this property built, and is it freehold or leasehold? The property was built in 1899, and is sold freehold. There are no ground rent or service charges applicable.
2. Who lives in the neighboring properties? The neighbouring properties are home to a family who own the house, and a couple who rent.
3. Does this property have a sky dish? No, this property is not installed with a sky dish.
4. Which items will the vendor include in the sale price? The vendor has advised that they will include all the fitted carpets and all the fitted blinds in the sale price. They are also happy to negotiate the sale of other items if required.
5. Has this property been extended or altered? The home owners have not extended the house (although we believe the kitchen was extended historically).
6. Roughly how much are the bills for this property at present? For gas, electric and water combined, the current vendor pays around £100 per month, but this will depend on the size of your family and your usage.
7. Is there loft access and is the loft space boarded? Yes, there is access, but it has not been boarded.
8. Why are the current owners selling this property? The current owners will be relocating for work.
9. What are the owner's favorite features of this property? The owners love this house and are most sad to be leaving. The have advised the aspects they have most enjoyed while living here are: The large garden, the period features and the lovely neighbours.
10. Is the property in the conservation area? Yes, the property lies within the Linotype Estate Conservation Area of Altrincham.