Devonshire Road, Broadheath, Altrincham
- Two double bedroom End of Terrace Property
- Modernized Throughout
- South Facing Patio Garden
- Spacious Lounge / Diner
- Large Communal Garden
- Five Minutes Walk to Metro Station
- Modern Kitchen and Bathroom
- Large Cellar, Possible Bedroom Conversion
- Close To Altrincham Town Centre
- In Catchment Area for Outstanding Schools
Property SummaryTwo double bedroom Victorian end-of-terrace house located near John Leigh park, close to Altrincham Town Centre and just five minutes walk to Navigation Road Metro Station. The property benefits from a south-facing rear patio garden and additional large communal garden.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION Two double bedroom Victorian end-of-terrace house located near John Leigh park, close to Altrincham Town Centre and just five minutes walk to Navigation Road Metro Station. The property benefits from a south-facing rear patio garden and additional large communal garden.
This property has been modernized throughout, with an open-plan lounge-dinner and spacious kitchen. The property benefits from a spacious basement for storage or utility room, this could be converted to additional bedroom.
ENTRANCE HALL The property is entered through a hard wood paneled door with window over into the entrance hall. The entrance hall is carpeted; with high ceilings; pendant light fitting and offers stairs to first floor and door to lounge.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM 13' 10" x 11' 0" (4.22m x 3.35m) Ergonomic kitchen with ample natural light via French door to rear patio garden and over head sky lights. The kitchen is fitted with matching wooden fronted base and eye level storage units, benefitting from integral: Oven, four ring gas hob and stainless steel extractor fan over; stainless steel sink with separate drainer and chrome mixer tap over; dishwasher and ample storage space. The room has tiled flooring; ceiling spot lighting and allows access to the basement via a wooden paneled door.
LOUNGE/DINING ROOM 25' 0" x 10' 2" (7.62m x 3.10m) Spacious open-plan lounge-diner; with uPVC double glazed windows to front aspect and French doors to kitchen. This room has carpeted flooring; central pendant lighting with fans on the center of lounge and diner. Each room has a stunning period cast iron fireplace. This room allows access via wooden paneled door to entrance hall and via French doors to kitchen.
BASEMENT 14' 2" x 11' 7" (4.32m x 3.53m) A large basement with two good sized chambers. This room benefits from a uPVC double glazed window to the front aspect opening into a light well; overhead spot lighting; wooden paneled ceiling; carpeted flooring; exposed brick walls and is almost completely dry and usable. This room is currently utilized as a utility and storage room; it could be converted to a bedroom and en suite shower room or an additional lounge/ study area.
LANDING Upstairs landing area again offers from high ceilings; wooden period spindle balustrades; pendant light fitting and wooden paneled doors leading to bathroom; and two double bedrooms.
MASTER BEDROOM 13' 9" x 11' 8" (4.20m x 3.56m) Large master bedroom with two uPVC double glazed windows to front aspect with fitted blinds; carpeted flooring; pendant light fitting and fan; wall to wall build in storage.
BEDROOM TWO 12' 2" x 9' 0" (3.71m x 2.75m) uPVC Double glazed window to rear aspect; carpeted flooring; ample space to create built in wardrobes and to accommodate a double bed.
FAMILY BATHROOM 7' 10" x 6' 10" (2.40m x 2.10m) Period style bathroom with freestanding roll top bathtub with overhead rainwater shower fitting; pedestal hand wash basin; high level traditional toilet; tiled flooring; floor to ceiling metro tiled walls; chrome heated towel rail over cast iron period radiator; uPVC double glazed window to rear aspect with frosted and stained glass design.
EXTERNAL Enclosed patio garden; with paved flooring and enclosed on three sides by walls to allow privacy and shelter. The south facing patio area opens into a communal south facing garden via an arched opening in the wall. The communal area is shared by 6 local houses which back onto the garden. It is a well maintained lawned garden, bordered by established trees and shrubs.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. What is the council tax for this property? This property is in council tax band B, in Trafford this currently costs £1,154.91 per annum.
2. When was this property built? We believe this property was built in 1898.
3. Is this property freehold or leasehold? This property is sold freehold, there is no service charge. However there is a chief rent, which is £5pa.
4. What are the parking arrangements on this road? This road is permit parking, visitors can stay for two hour without a permit. Residents can apply for a permit which costs £30 per annum.
5. What is the internet speed like in the property? The vendor has advised that the broadband speed is excellent in the area, fiber optic is available.
6. How much will the bills cost me at this house? The current owner has confirmed she pays roughly £120pcm for gas and electric combined and £25pcm for water. The house is well insulated and easy to heat. These costs will vary depending on the size of your family and the appliances you use at the property.
7. Is this property in a conservation area? No this is not in the conservation area.
8. Does the property benefit from a loft space? Yes, there is loft access in the 1st floor landing and the loft has been boarded for storage.
9. Why is the vendor selling this property? The vendor will be moving relocating, he has found a suitable onward purchase which is vacant and he will be happy to break the chain if it causes a delay.
10. When were the electrics and boiler last inspected? These were inspected last year (2017), the owner has all the related paperwork.
11. Which features of this house has the vendor most enjoyed? The vendor has loved living here and has informed us that he loves the south facing communal garden and secluded walled patio garden. He has also enjoyed this location just a short walk to Altrincham town centre and transport links.
12. Is there scope to extend this property? Yes, the property benefits from a large basement which could be converted into a bedroom or lounge. There is also a loft space which could be converted to an additional bedroom if required.