Lockdown 2. Open for business!
Lockdown 2. Open for business!
While on Thursday 5th November the country went into a second lockdown, for estate agents and the property market, we are open for business! So, do not despair if you were thinking of selling or letting, or moving home – you still can! Read Lockdown 2. Open for business to find out how we can continue with property sales and lettings, in a Covid-secure way.
Keep the momentum
When the government confirmed the national lockdown for four weeks in November, I must admit we felt quite deflated. But, unlike the first lockdown, under the new rules, us estate agents have been given the green light to stay open for business.
Trade leaders in the property industry have spoken positively about the market based on this decision. So much so, they expect the current property boom we are experiencing to continue as viewings and house moves are allowed to continue. What with the stamp duty holiday catapulting property demand to a stratosphere we’ve never before seen, it’s good news we can continue operating.
What are you allowed to do?
Perhaps news of this new lockdown has you feeling a little confused, or that your only option is to shut yourself away for a whole month? Well, when it comes to property, here is what you can do, and how it must be done safely.
Visit estate or letting agents, developer sales offices or show homes
Yes! You will find us all still here at our estate agents on The Downs in Altrincham. We are open for business to help with any property enquiries, and you can reach us over the phone or by email. If you want to come into the office to talk to us in person, we ask that you make an appointment in advance. We are doing this to keep numbers in the office to a minimum, and everyone safe.
View homes to buy or rent
It is good news that viewings can continue, although there are guidelines to follow (see below).
Prepare a home to move into
From tradesmen to surveyors, you can get a home ready to move into over the next few weeks.
Whether you do it yourself or not, van hire and removals companies are also still operating to help you move. Unless absolutely necessary, you shouldn’t get help from friends or family outside of your household or support bubble, to move home.
Visit a home to prepare it for sale or rent
If you were getting a property ready to sell or rent, you can continue with the preparations. Then, when the time’s right for you to get your home on the market, we can visit your property. Taking the necessary precautions, we can conduct valuations, draw up floorplans, and take marketing photos and videos.
New rules for viewings
As we mentioned, we can continue working from our offices, and to conduct property viewings. However, to make sure we do all we can to minimise the spread of the virus, we must follow specific guidelines when viewings take place.
1. We can conduct property viewings provided the property is unoccupied. Or occupants vacate the property at the time of the viewing.
2. Those viewing properties must be no more than two adults. They must also be members of the same household or bubble.
3. Masks must be worn at all times by any person entering a house. Likewise by the homeowner if you allow access to a viewer or agent.
4. Viewing numbers should be kept to a minimum. To achieve this, we will be sending all viewers a video tour and requesting proof of finances before booking an appointment. We can show the property to proceedable applicants only.
5. If anyone in a household or bubble is experiencing any symptoms prior to a viewing, we ask to be informed. We will then cancel any appointments, and will check this with all applicants also.
6. Hand sanitizer (or hand washing facilities) should be available for viewers to use when entering and leaving a property. You should make efforts to ventilate a property before and after any viewings, too.
Happy to help
Has the lockdown left you feeling despondent about selling or letting your home? If so, let us assure you that the market is still buoyant. One thing many people learned from the first lockdown is that their house is not right for them. Be it too few rooms, not enough outdoor space, or nowhere to have a home office. It’s led to those that can, to buy or rent something different. While we can’t say it will be the same come December, we can say that properties are in demand right now. Lockdown or no lockdown.
Whether you are looking to sell your home or rent it out, contact us today to get your property on the market! Or if you’re looking for a new home to buy, or rent, start your Property Search with us here.