Church Walk, Altrincham
- Two Double Bedroom Apartment
- Ground Floor Apartment
- Walking Distance to Altrincham Town Centre
- Off-Road Parking
- Single Garage
- Period Features and High Ceilings
- Share of Freehold
- Within Catchment of Trafford's Schools
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION An impressive two double bedroom ground floor apartment within a stunning period property. This property is tucked away on Church Walk within easy reach of Altrincham Town Centre but in a quiet cul-de-sac location.
This property benefits from a single garage plus off-road parking; a modern combi boiler; an array of gorgeous period features, high ceilings with coving and scope for modernisation if required. The apartment shares the building with just three other apartments and owns a share of freehold.
ENTRANCE HALL 7' 10" x 10' 1" (2.41m x 3.09m) The entrance hall is reached via the porch and offers high ceilings; a double panel radiator; fitted shelving with pendant lighting over; ceiling mounted light fitting and a pendant light fitting; carpeted flooring and wooden panelled doors leading to dining room, lounge, bathroom, WC and two bedrooms.
WC 3' 4" x 4' 9" (1.04m x 1.46m) The WC is located off the entrance hall with a leaded stained glass window to the front aspect; a low-level WC; a pendant light fitting; carpeted flooring; a wall-mounted hand wash basin; security alarm panel and coat racks.
LOUNGE 18' 0" x 13' 6" (5.50m x 4.13m) The lounge is an impressive entertaining space with floor-to-ceiling bay windows to the side aspect. This room benefits from solid wood floor boards; original picture rail & shelf and decorative coving; a cast iron gas fire with wooden mantel; a pendant light fitting; and a double panel radiator.
DINING ROOM 15' 8" x 14' 0" (4.78m x 4.27m) The dining room is accessed from the entrance hall and allows access to the kitchen. This room offers a large sash window to the side aspect; an opening to the kitchen; carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; and a double panel radiator. There is a fire surround with cast iron mantle shelf.
KITCHEN 12' 9" x 8' 3" (3.90m x 2.53m) The kitchen is fitted with two windows to the side aspect and a hard wood external door, plus an opening to the dining room. The kitchen offers a range of base and eye-level storage units; a recessed sink with chrome mixer tap over; an integrated oven and space and plumbing for washer; dishwasher; tumble dryer and microwave. There is an electric four-ring hob; pendant light fitting and strip light.
BATHROOM 10' 3" x 5' 11" (3.13m x 1.81m) The bathroom has been replaced around four years ago. This room offers a walk-in shower with chrome thermostatic shower system; wall mounted hand wash basin with storage under; low-level WC; Shower and splash back tiled with verdigris copper tiles; part frosted glass sash window to rear aspect; carpeted flooring; extractor fan; recessed spot lighting; a double panel radiator, wall mounted chrome heated towel rail plus wall mounted fan heater.
MASTER BEDROOM 17' 10" x 14' 8" (5.46m x 4.49m) The master bedroom offers two large sash windows to the front aspect and one to the side aspect; pendant light fitting; carpeted flooring; a double panel radiator; picture rails; coving; skirting boards and a partition wall that has been created to add a separate dressing room and storage rooms.
BEDROOM TWO 17' 7" x 13' 10" (5.36m x 4.22m) The second bedroom offers three large sash windows to the side aspect; pendant light fitting; carpeted flooring; a double panel radiator; fitted wardrobes; a period fire opening with wooden mantel; picture rails; decorative coving and skirting boards.
EXTERNAL The property offers a communal drive and gardens. The drive offers ample parking for the residents; allowing access to the garage and, via a staircase to the rear access to the basement storage cupboard housing the gas boiler. There are grounds to the side and front aspect for summer dining or for children to play; the gardens are largely laid to lawn with mature trees and shrubs in the boarders. The gardens are enclosed to the front by a low-level brick wall and to the side by a timber-panelled fence. There are also a timber bin storage areas near the entrance to the development.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. When was this property constructed? The owner has advised that the property was build in 1873.
2. How much is the service charge and ground rent for this property? The owner has advised the service charge is currently £150 pcm and the ground rent £0 but there is a Chief rent of £11 per annum .
3. How many years remain on the lease for this property? The owner has advised there are 963 years remaining on the lease for this property. The freeholder is Beech Hurst Management (1873) Co Ltd, which is owned by the flat owners. The repairs are agreed amongst residents and all legal and administrative paperwork is done by an external management company. .
4. Does the property have a sky dish? Yes, the building is fitted with two Sky Dishes and could easily be connected to this apartment.
5. Roughly how much are the utility bills for this property? The current owner is paying around £70 pcm for electric; £100 pcm for gas and £24 pcm for water. The property is in Trafford Council and is a band D, which is currently £1,784.26 per annum.
6. Have the electrics and gas been inspected recently? The owner has had the boiler serviced in December 2021 and the electrics in September 2016 when a new Consumer unit was fitted. The boiler is located in an externally accessed storage cupboard and was installed around 4 years ago, therefore is still under warranty.
7. What are the current owner's favourite aspects of this property? The owner has enjoyed the secluded location; the proximity to the town centre amenities; and the community within this development.
8. Does this property benefit from any external storage space? Yes, the property has a single garage with power and lighting, in addition there is an external storage cupboard which houses the boiler.
9. Which items does the owner intend to include in the sale price? The owner plans to leave all curtains, blinds and carpets. There is a damaged stained glass panel from the front door which will be left for the buyer in the garage should they wish to repair and reinstate this. The other items will be negotiable which will include the washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer, microwave oven, light fittings and some items of furniture.