Groby Road, Altrincham
- One Bedroom Apartment
- Located on the First Floor
- Lift Access
- In Need of Modernisation
- Communal Gardens
- Off Road Parking
- Communal Lounge and Laundry
- Chain Free Sale
- Double Glazed Throughout
- Great Renovation Opportunity
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION One-bedroom first-floor apartment located in a retirement development in the heart of Altrincham. This property benefits from the communal lounge and laundry facilities; lift access to all floors; private residents' car park; communal gardens; warden on duty and emergency pull cords in all rooms. This property is located just a five-minute walk to the amenities in Altrincham and a short walk to the Metrolink Station.
LOUNGE/DINER 10' 2" x 17' 8" (3.11m x 5.40m) The lounge-diner is a good-sized reception room with uPVC double-glazed window to the front aspect; carpeted flooring; two wall-mounted light fittings; an electric storage heater; an electric fire with decorative mantel; and television and telephone points.
KITCHEN 6' 11" x 5' 0" (2.11m x 1.53m) The kitchen is accessed via an arched opening from the lounge-diner. This room is fitted with a range of matching base and eye - level storage units; Vinyl tile effect flooring; fully tiled walls; a ceiling-mounted strip light; space for freestanding fridge-freezer and electric oven; extractor fan; and recessed stainless steel sink, with chrome mixer tap over.
BEDROOM 8' 3" x 13' 7" (2.54m x 4.16m) The bedroom offers a uPVC double-glazed window to the front aspect; carpeted flooring; two wall-mounted light fittings; recessed mirror fronted wardrobes; a wall-mounted electric storage heater; and an emergency fall alarm.
BATHROOM 5' 1" x 6' 4" (1.55m x 1.94m) The bathroom is fitted with a low-level WC; wall-mounted hand wash basin with storage under and wall-mounted mirror over; paneled bath with electric thermostatic shower over; floor-to-ceiling tiled walls; carpeted flooring; wall-mounted strip light; chrome heated towel rail; extractor fan; and an emergency pull cord.
EXTERNAL The property offers well-maintained communal gardens to the front and rear which are stocked with mature shrubs and trees. A drive leads to the rear of the property, where one will find a paved car park for residents.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. Is this property leasehold or freehold? The property is sold leasehold. The owner has advised the ground rent is roughly £245 paid bi-annually; and the service charge is £1613 paid bi-annually. The owner believes the lease has 89 years remaining. We cannot verify the accuracy of this information and we advise that your solicitor should verify this information for you.
2. When was this property constructed? The owner believes the property was built in around 1987.
3. Who can live in this development? The residents of this development are required to be 60 years or older.
4. Who manages this development? The property is run by McCarthy Stone.
5. Does the property have a Sky dish? Yes there is a Sky dish on the property and a cable in the apartment should you wish to utilise this.
6. Does the owner intend to include any items in the sale price? The property will be emptied before completion. If the buyer wishes the current owner can leave the bed and fridge-freezer for their use.
7. How quickly could the current owner vacate the property? The current owner has acquired a new home already and can move into this property at short notice if the buyer is able to complete.
8. Why is the owner selling this property? The current owner is moving to a similar development closer to his family in the South East of England. He has loved living in this development and enjoyed the convenience of local amenities and the lovely local area.
9. Which aspects of this property has the owner most enjoyed? The owner likes being on the first floor for security; he likes that the heating costs are minimal as he benefits from passive heat from all sides; he enjoys the peace and quiet of this location and the proximity to shops and other amenities.