Grove Lane, Hale
- Detached Four Bedroom House
- Planning Permission Extension
- Separate Utility Room
- Large Garden
- Modern Fitted Kitchen
- Scope for Loft Conversion
- Home Office/Study
- Attached Double Garage
- Open Plan Diner/Kitchen
- In Catchment for Trafford's Oustanding Schools
Property SummaryA substantial family home with significant scope for further extension. This property encompasses over 2755 square feet of internal living space with proportionate garden and drive. Within easy access of Hale and Altrincham town center and catchment areas for Trafford's outstanding schools.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION A substantial detached family home with scope for significant extension. Planning permission was previously granted for a three-story side extension and loft conversion, the current owners have not carried out this work, but this offers an opportunity for the buyer to enlarge the property is required.
This property lies within the catchment area for Trafford's Outstanding schools, as well being just over a mile to Hale or Altrincham town center and metro or train stations. The property offers four very generously sized double bedrooms; an office/study; a modern open-plan kitchen-lounge; an impressive dining and entertaining space; a conservatory; utility room; downstairs WC; family bathroom; en-suite shower room off master bedroom; attached double garage; and large private garden. The garden is enclosed by mature trees and shrubs offering almost total privacy to all sides. Within the garden there are also foundations for a summer house which has an electricity supply; this occupies an ideal shady spot to the rear of the garden and could be easily re-instated by the new owners.
PORCH 11' 1" x 4' 7" (3.40m x 1.41m) From the front drive one will approach the house from one of the three entrance gates. The house is entered via the timber framed porch which has been glazed on two side. This room allows for guests to remove their shoes and leave umbrellas before entering the main entrance hall.
ENTRANCE HALL 11' 2" x 15' 7" (3.41m x 4.75m) The entrance hall is reached via a hard wood door with glazed panels leading from the porch. Visitors will be struck by the double height ceiling in this space which would be complemented by a statement chandelier/light fitting. The entrance hall is drenched in natural light from the large leaded glass window over the stairs. This space is fitted with tiled flooring; two single panel radiators; two windows to the front aspect flanking the front door; a central light pendant; picture rail and skirting boards; a paneled stairs to the first floor landing with storage cupboard underneath and wooden paneled doors leading to the kitchen, dining room and study.
STUDY 10' 11" x 11' 3" (3.34m x 3.43m) Accessed from the entrance hall the study could also be utilised as a guest bedroom or a children's playroom. This room features wooden floorboards; a central light pendant; uPVC double glazed windows to the rear aspect; a double panel radiator; and fitted book shelves and cupboards to the both side of the chimney breast.
DINING ROOM 13' 1" x 27' 1" (4.0m x 8.26m) This spacious reception is an ideal space for hosting dinner parties and entertaining guests. This room comprises of wooden floorboards; recessed spotlighting and two pendant light fittings; a gas fire with marble surround; uPVC double-glazed windows to the front aspect; two double panel radiators; dado rail; uPVC double glazed French doors to conservatory.
CONSERVATORY 12' 7" x 10' 3" (3.84m x 3.13m) Accessed via French doors from the dining room, is the third reception room offering stunning views over the garden. The conservatory features wooden affect laminate flooring; uPVC double-glazed windows throughout with translucent roof; light pendant and uPVC door to the patio area.
KITCHEN - LOUNGE 33' 5" x 12' 11" (10.20m x 3.96m) Another impressive space for relaxing with friends and family, this room benefits from tiled flooring; recess lighting; uPVC double-glazed windows to the front and rear aspect; two double panel radiators.
A modern kitchen, fitted with matching base and eye level white high gloss storage units; polished granite worktops; inset stainless steel drainer sink with chrome mix tap; integrated appliances including an electric fan, five ring gas hob with extractor hood above and dishwasher; there is also room for an American style fridge-freezer.
UTILITY ROOM 5' 9" x 8' 10" (1.76m x 2.70m) Off the kitchen, is a utility room, comprises of tiled flooring; uPVC double glazed window and door to the side aspect; a double panel radiator; and recessed spotlighting. This room is fitted with matching base and eye level white gloss storage units; an inset stainless-steel drainer sink and space and plumbing for washer and tumble dryer.
DOWNSTAIRS WC 5' 9" x 3' 4" (1.77m x 1.03m) A convenient downstairs WC accessed from the utility room. This room is fitted with tiled flooring; recessed spotlighting; a double panel radiator; uPVC double-glazed frosted glass window to the rear aspect; low level WC; and pedestal wash basin with chrome mixer tap over.
MASTER BEDROOM 17' 9" x 12' 11" (5.43m x 3.96m) A generous double bedroom, featuring wooden floorboards; a central light pendant; uPVC double glazed bay window to the front aspect; double panel radiator; ample space for super king size bed; wardrobes; chest of draws and dressing table. This room also allows access to the en suite shower room.
EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM 8' 9" x 4' 4" (2.67m x 1.33m) Off master bedroom is modern en-suite shower room fitted and impressive power shower. This room also offers tiled flooring; recessed spotlighting; a chrome heated towel rail; low level WC; and a pedestal wash basin with chrome mixer tap over.
BEDROOM TWO 14' 8" x 13' 3" (4.49m x 4.05m) The second double bedroom comprises or wooden flooring; central light pendant; uPVC double glazed windows to the front aspect; double panel radiator; ample space for king size bed, wardrobe and chest of draws.
BEDROOM THREE 12' 11" x 16' 1" (3.95m x 4.91m) Another more than adequate sized double bedroom, with wooden flooring; a central light pendant; uPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect overlooking the rear garden; a double panel radiator; and plenty of space for a double bed wardrobe, chest of draws and a desk.
BEDROOM FOUR 12' 1" x 13' 3" (3.70m x 4.04m) The fourth bedroom is yet another large double bedroom, comprises of, wooden flooring; a central light pendant; uPVC double glazed window to the rear; double panel radiator; ample space for double bed, wardrobe, chest of draws and dressing table.
BATHROOM 11' 2" x 8' 7" (3.41m x 2.62m) The family bathroom is fitted with a white three-piece suite comprises of paneled bath; low level WC; wall-mounted hand wash basin with chrome mixer tap over; and bidet. This bathroom also offers corner tiled shower with electric shower; airing cupboard; chrome heated towel rail; uPVC double glazed windows to the rear; vinyl flooring; splash back tiling; and recessed spotlighting.
EXTERNAL To the front, the drive is accessed via two wooden gates and it offers off-road parking three cars and a detached garage that could also be utilised for storage. There is an additional pedestrian gate to the front drive.
To the rear, this family house sits on a large plot of land, featuring a beautiful and well-maintained lawned garden with raised paved terrace adjacent to the house, ideal for summer dining. The garden and house are enclosed on all sides by tall timber panelled fencing and surrounded by mature trees, offering plenty of privacy.
Within the garden there is the foundations of a summer house, upon which a new summer house or separate office could easily be created.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. When was the property built? We believe this property was built in 1961.
2. Is the property freehold or leasehold? The property is freehold. The property does however have a chief rent, this is payable annually and is £50pa.
3. What is the broadband speed like in this area? The vendors have advised us that the broadband speed is excellent in this area.
4. Which items will be included in the sale price? The fitted white goods will be included in the sale price, these include the dishwasher and fridge-freezer, the vendors are more than happy to discuss the sale of any other items the buyer would like, after a purchase has been agreed.
5. When was the boiler lastly inspected? The vendor believes the boiler was fitted in 2005 and is a combi boiler, it has been serviced regularly, the last service was carried out in April 2019.
6. Which aspects of the house have the vendors most enjoyed? The vendors love the high ceilings; spacious rooms and lovely private garden. They feel the buyer will benefit from the large plot offering scope to significantly enlarge the property.
7. How quick can a sale be completed, is there a connected chain? A sale can be completed as quickly as the buyer is able. The vendors are happy to move into rented accommodation to facilitate a quick sale.
8. Have the vendors carried out any work on this property? Yes, the vendors added a conservatory to the rear of the property and an extension to the kitchen in 2005 and have also replaced all the windows with new uPVC double glazed units. The vendors have also obtained planning approval for a side extension, this would add a third to the side od the property and be positioned where the garage is currently situated. We can show you plans for this at the viewing.
9. Is there loft access and has it been boarded? The loft is currently accessed via a hatch in the ceiling of the first-floor landing; this is fitted with a pull-down ladder and could be boarded for storage.
10. Why are the vendors selling this property? The vendors will be downsizing to a smaller property in the area.