Hickton Drive, Altrincham
- Detached Family Home
- Four Double Bedrooms
- Generous Private Garden
- Double Garage
- Fifteen Minutes Walk to Altrincham Town Center
- In Catchement for Trafford's Oustanding Schools
- En-Suite to Master Bedroom
- Scope for Significant Extension
- Two Reception Rooms
Property SummaryBeautiful four bedroom detached family home, offering scope for significant extension. Located in quiet cul-de-sac 15 minutes walk to Altrincham town center and in catchment for Trafford's outstanding schools. With off-road parking; double garage, and almost 1500 square feet of internal space.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION Detached four double bedroom family home. This property is located in a quiet cul-de-sac and would be the perfect home for a young family. Children can play safely in the street and there is scope for a significant side extension over the garage. The property will need some modernisation, but offers great potential with a double attached garage; good sized private rear garden; off-road parking; downstairs WC and two family reception rooms.
LOUNGE 10' 9" x 15' 0" (3.30m x 4.58m) The lounge is located to the rear of the property with sliding glazed doors leading to the garden. This room is fitted with laminate wood effect flooring; television and telephone points; central pendant light fitting; two single panel radiators; double glazed window to side aspect; gas fire; and wooden panelled door to entrance hall.
DINING ROOM 11' 5" x 9' 10" (3.50m x 3.02m) Located at the front of the property and accessed from the entrance hall, this family dining room offers a hatch to the kitchen. The room is currently used as an additional family lounge. This room offers uPVC double glazed windows to the front aspect with fitted blinds; a pedant light fitting; a single panel radiator; laminate wood effect flooring; television and telephone points and ample space for a six or eight seater dining table.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM 18' 3" x 9' 8" (5.57m x 2.95m) The kitchen is also accessed from the entrance hall via a wooden paneled door and offers a serving hatch to the dining room. This room is at the rear of the property with a large uPVC double glazed window over looking the rear garden, with fitted blinds and a frosted glass uPVC double glazed door to the side aspect. The kitchen is fitted with wooden matching base and eye level storage units; with integral dishwasher and double oven; recessed induction hob and extractor over; recessed stainless steel sink unit with chrome mixer tap over; space for fridge; two sets of ceiling mounted multi-directional spot lights; double panel radiator and tiled splash back. This room allows ample space for a six seater dining table and other furniture.
DOWNSTAIRS WC 4' 1" x 5' 10" (1.25m x 1.78m) The downstairs WC is just off the entrance hall. This room offers a frosted glass uPVC double glazed window to the side aspect with fitted blind; tiled floor and part tiled walls; wall mounted hand wash basin and low-level WC.
MASTER BEDROOM 9' 8" x 14' 7" (2.95m x 4.45m) The master bedroom is located off the first floor landing. This room is well lit with a large uPVC double glazed window to the front aspect; carpeted flooring; built in wardrobes and overhead cupboards; pendant light fitting; a single panel radiator and plenty of space for double bed, bed side tables and chest of draws. This room also allows access to the en suite shower room.
ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM 5' 6" x 6' 8" (1.69m x 2.04m) The shower room off the master bedroom is fitted with a modern white suite, comprising: Pedestal hand wash basin with wall mounted mirror fronted cabinet over; low-level WC and shower cubicle with thermostatic shower system and glazed sliding doors. The shower room also offers fully tiled floor and walls; wall mounted chrome heated towel rail and frosted glass uPVC double glazed window to the front aspect.
BEDROOM TWO 9' 11" x 11' 5" (3.03m x 3.50m) The second double bedroom is facing the rear of the property with a large uPVC double glazed window. This room is fitted with carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; a single panel radiator and allows ample room for a double bed, chest of draws, wardrobe and beside tables.
BEDROOM THREE 8' 5" x 10' 2" (2.58m x 3.12m) The second bedroom is also facing the rear of the property with a uPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect. This room benefits from laminate wood effect flooring; a pendant light fitting; a single panel radiator; television point; and ample space for double bed, beside table and chest of draws/wardrobe.
BEDROOM FOUR 7' 2" x 11' 8" (2.19m x 3.56m) The fourth double bedroom is currently utilised as an office. This room would also be perfect as a child's bedroom or guest bedroom. The room comprises of carpeted flooring; a single panel radiator; uPVC double glazed window to the side aspect with fitted blinds; and a ceiling mounted multi-direction spot light.
BATHROOM 6' 2" x 6' 6" (1.89m x 2.00m) The family bathroom is located off the first floor landing. This room offers a frosted glass uPVC double glazed window to the side aspect with fitted blinds; floor to ceiling fully tiled walls; laminate mosaic affect flooring; pedestal hand wash basin with chrome mixer tap over; low-level WC; paneled bath with chrome mixer tap, shower over and half glazed screen. This room also offers a chrome heated towel rail and ceiling mounted light fitting.
EXTERIOR The property lies in a quiet cul-de-sac with a large brindle block paved driveway leading to the garage. The front garden is largely laid to lawn with small exposed areas with established shrubs. From the drive there is a paved path leading to the front door with is covered by a storm porch.
To the rear of the property lies a good sized rear garden. The rear garden is enclosed on three sides by timber panelled fencing; there is a large lawned area; a paved patio area and a decked area for enjoying summer dining. From the garden one can enter the garage via a rear door and also access the kitchen via a uPVC double glazed door or the lounge via the sliding double glazed door.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. When was this property built? The vendor has advised that the property was built in 1985. The current owners purchase the property in 1987.
2. Is the property freehold or leasehold? The vendor has advised that this property is freehold, there are no service charges or ground rent payment applicable.
3. Are there any restrictions for parking on the roads in this locality? This road and those adjacent are not restricted by residents permits at present. This may be introduced in the years to come.
4. Does the property offer storage in the loft space? Yes, there is a loft hatch in the first-floor landing, it has been fully insulated, but is not currently used for storage. There is also a loft space over the garage, which has a hatch for storage.
5. Does the property have a sky dish? Yes, there is a sky dish fitted on this property.
6. What aspect is the front of this house? The property faces East to the front and West to the rear.
7. How quickly could a purchase be completed on this property? The vendor is looking for an onward purchase but may consider moving to rented accommodation. The length of purchase will depend on the buyer's financial position and the efficiency of the solicitors appointed, on average a purchase using a mortgage will take 12 weeks.
8. Will the vendor leave any items in the house, which are included in the sale price? The vendor has advised that all fitted curtains, blinds and carpets will be included. The vendor is willing to negotiate the sale of white goods and furniture if required.
9. When can I view this property? Viewing slots are available on Saturdays from 10am -12pm and from 2-4pm. Please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
10. How much does the vendor pay on bills? The vendors currently pay around £95pcm for gas and electric combined and around £65pcm for water. Of course, the bills will vary depending on the size of your family and usage.
11. When was the boiler last serviced? The vendors installed a new boiler in 2020, this is an Ideal combination boiler with a 10 year warranty.
12. Which aspects of this property has the current owner most enjoyed? The current owners have advised us that they love the tight knit community in this area, the convenience of the location for access to all the local amenities and the quiet setting. The owners are selling to downsize as they children no longer live with them.