High Elm Road, Hale Barns
- Sold with Planning Approval for Substantial Extension
- Off-Road Parking and Garage
- Large South-West Facing Rear Garden
- Detached Three Bedroom Family Home
- In Need of Modernisation
- Finished Development Roughly 2500 sq ft or 234 sq m
- Within Catchment of Outstanding Schools
- Within Catchment of Elmridge Primary School
- Short Walk to Amenities offered in Hale Barns
- Short Drive to Altrincham and Hale Town Centres
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION Three bedroom detached house with large south-west facing rear garden. The property offers a large garage and off-road parking for multiple vehicles. This property is sold with planning approval for a double storey rear extension to create a substantial five bedroom modern family home.
ENTRANCE HALL 15' 5" x 5' 10" (4.70m x 1.80m) The property is entered via a hardwood external door with glazed panels leading from the front garden and drive into the entrance hall via the storm porch. The entrance hall is fitted with carpeted flooring; a double panel radiator; a pendant light fitting; doors leading to the dining room, kitchen, sitting room, understairs storage cupboard and rear storage cupboard. Also carpeted staircase to first floor accomodation.
DINING ROOM 14' 0" x 10' 11" (4.27m x 3.34m) The dining room is located off the entrance hall with bay window to the front aspect. This room is fitted with cork tiled floor; a double panel radiator; a pendant light fitting; a period gas fire with tiled hearth.
SITTING ROOM 17' 8" x 11' 6" (5.40m x 3.52m) The sitting room is a large room, flooded with natural light via a window to the front aspect and glazed French doors leading to the rear garden. This room comprises two double panelled radiators; three wall mounted light fittings; carpeted flooring; a period gas fire and door leading to the entrance hall.
KITCHEN 10' 3" x 8' 6" (3.14m x 2.60m) The kitchen is accessed from the entrance hall and allows access to the larder and to the rear porch with access from this space to the downstairs WC; boiler cupboard; rear garden and garage. The kitchen offers a window to the rear aspect, with views over the rear garden; a ceiling mounted light fitting; terracotta tiled flooring; a double panel radiator; wall mounted hot water dispenser; base level storage cabinet with stainless steel sink and drainer over; space and plumbing for a washing machine, fridge-freezer and gas hob with oven.
WC 4' 3" x 2' 5" (1.32m x 0.74m) Located off the rear porch a wooden panelled door leads to the downstairs WC. This room offers a window to the side aspect; tiled flooring; a ceiling mounted light fitting and a low-level WC.
MASTER BEDROOM 17' 8" x 11' 6" (5.40m x 3.53m) The master bedroom is located off the first floor landing with dual aspect to the front and rear. This room is fitted with carpeted flooring; two single panel radiators and a pendant light fitting.
BEDROOM TWO 12' 7" x 10' 11" (3.84m x 3.35m) The second double bedroom is also located off the first floor landing with a window to the front aspect; carpeted flooring; a single panel radiator; and a pendant light fitting.
BEDROOM THREE 10' 3" x 8' 6" (3.14m x 2.60m) The third bedroom is reached from the first floor landing with a large window overlooking the rear garden. This room benefits from laminate flooring; a pendant light fitting; and a single panelled radiator.
BATHROOM 7' 4" x 8' 3" (2.24m x 2.52m) The bathroom is located off the first floor landing with two frosted glass windows to the rear aspect; a ceiling mounted light fitting; vinyl flooring; a chrome heated towel rail; a pedestal hand wash basin; a low-level WC; a shower cubicle with sliding door and chrome thermostatic shower system; part tiled walls and access to a storage cupboard housing the immersion heater.
GARAGE 16' 5" x 7' 5" (5.01m x 2.28m) The garage is reached from the front drive via hardwood double doors or from the rear porch via a wooden panelled door. The garage offers a frosted glass window to the side aspect; concrete floor; a ceiling mounted light fitting; a wall mounted tap; the electrical consumer unit and gas and electric meters.
EXTERNAL To the front of the property, one will find a large drive with space to park multiple vehicles off-road. The front garden has a large lawned area and a tarmacked drive, with access to the garage via double hardwood doors. To the front aspect the garden is enclosed by a low-level brick wall with mature shrubs and small trees behind, offering privacy. The rear garden can be reached via paths leading to either side of the property.
The rear garden is largely laid to lawn, with mature shrubs and trees to the borders. There is a paved patio area adjacent to the house and stepping stones leading down the garden. Within the garden is a timber storage shed. The garden offers a very private area to enjoy the sunshine, for summer dining and for children to play. The garden faces south-west, therefore will enjoy sunshine throughout the day.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. Have the current owners aquired planning permission for the planned extension? Yes, the current owners have spent two years fine tuning the plans for this property to ensure they maximised the use of space and created a home which was ergonomic and beautiful. They worked with an architect to submit 14 iterations of the plans, before the version you see was finalised and approved by Trafford Council. The architect who has worked on these plans is more than happy to discuss possible adjustments for a buyer and is willing to project manage and handle building control sign off, if required.
2. How much do the current owners expect the extension to cost? The current owners have had quotes for several variations on the final build. The cost will vary greatly depending on the materials selected; the specification of interior and exterior finishes and so forth. The current owners looked at the option to future proof the house, by integrating the latest eco tech into the house to reduce energy consumption and factor is heat exchangers, solar panels, rain water collection and so forth. This high specification finish was estimated to cost around £450,000. If the buyer wanted to refurbish and extend to re-sell or let, the work could be carried out to a high standard for around £350,000. Of course, all serious buyers are welcome to bring a builder or quantity surveyor to the site to provided them with a cost estimate. Please note, since the property has been unoccupied for over 2 years now, building materials can be purchased with just 5% tax payable on these essential items, which will save significant cost.
3. Why are the current owners not looking to complete this project? The current owners purchased the property with the intention of creating a long term family home. However, due to a medical diagnosis during the final stages of the planning approval, the owners have had to re-consider their position and their needs have now changed. The owners will now look to purchase a property which is more suited to their current priorities and more practical for them in the future. They are very sad to part with this property and hope another buyer will make a lovely home here.
4. Roughly what is the internal size of the finished property which has been granted planning approval? The owners have advised the finished property will be around 2500 square feet or 234 square meters.