Petersfield Drive, Manchester
- Four Bedroom Detached House
- Double Glazed Throughout
- Scope for Extension
- In Need of Modernisation
- Off-Road Parking
- Private Front and Rear Garden
- Chain Free Sale
- Single Attached Garage
- Open-Plan Lounge-Diner
- Separate Utility Room
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION Four-bedroom detached house with large rear garden and off-road parking for two vehicles. The property offers a single attached garage; open-plan lounge-diner; separate utility room and scope for extension. The property has been well maintained, but will require some modernisation.
LOUNGE - DINER 39' 4" x 13' 10" (11.99m x 4.22m) The lounge-diner is an open-plan space with dual aspect, offering uPVC double glazed leaded bay windows to the front aspect and uPVC double glazed leaded glass French doors with windows adjacent to the rear aspect. The lounge-diner is fitted with carpeted flooring; recessed spotlighting and multi-directional spotlighting; a gas fire in decorative surround; two television points and telephone point; with three double panel radiators. From this room one can access the entrance hall and kitchen-breakfast room via wooden panel doors.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM 21' 3" x 10' 9" (6.50m x 3.30m) The kitchen-breakfast room offers uPVC double glazed leaded glass windows to the rear and side aspect; tiled flooring; multi-directional spot lighting; two double panel radiators; a range of matching solid wood base and eye-level storage units; an integral fridge-freezer; dishwasher; two-ring gas hob; two-ring electric hob; deep fat fryer; extractor fan and double oven. The kitchen offers a recessed one and a half bowl stainless steel sink. From this room one can access the utility room, entrance hall and lounge-diner.
UTILITY ROOM 7' 1" x 8' 7" (2.16m x 2.62m) The utility room allows access to the garage via a wooden panelled door and to the rear garden via a uPVC double glazed door, with frosted glass panel, with windows to either side. The utility room is fitted with a range of matching base and eye-level storage units; tile flooring; multi-directional spotlight; space and plumbing for a washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer. This room also houses a wall mounted boiler.
DOWNSTAIRS WC 5' 2" x 3' 6" (1.60m x 1.08m) Accessed from the entrance hall the convenient downstairs WC is fitted with recessed spotlighting; tiled flooring; a low-level WC and wall mounted hand wash basin with storage under and a fitted coat cupboard.
MASTER BEDROOM 13' 6" x 10' 10" (4.12m x 3.32m) The master bedroom is located off the first-floor landing with a uPVC double glazed window to the front aspect. This room is also fitted with carpeted flooring; a ceiling mounted light fitting and a single panel radiator.
BEDROOM TWO 13' 8" x 9' 5" (4.18m x 2.88m) The second double bedroom is located off the first-floor landing with a uPVC double glazed leaded glass window to the rear aspect. This room is fitted with carpeted flooring; a single panel radiator; built-in-wardrobes
BEDROOM THREE 7' 6" x 11' 1" (2.30m x 3.39m) The third bedroom is located to the rear of the property with uPVC double-glazed leaded glass window overlooking the rear garden. This bedroom is fitted with carpeted flooring; pendant light fitting; and a single-panel radiator
BEDROOM FOUR 10' 3" x 7' 3" (3.13m x 2.22m) The fourth bedroom is located off the first-floor landing with a uPVC double glazed leaded glass window to the front aspect. This bedroom benefits from a single recessed wardrobe with sliding doors; carpeted flooring; a double-panel radiator; and a pendant light fitting.
BATHROOM 6' 1" x 5' 9" (1.86m x 1.76m) The family bathroom is also located off the first floor landing with a frosted glass uPVC double glazed window to the side aspect; floor-to-ceiling tiled walls; a double-panel radiator; laminate tile effect flooring; a ceiling mounted light fitting; a backlit wall mounted mirror; a shaving socket; a pedestal hand wash basin; a low-level WC and panelled bathtub with shower over.
GARAGE 17' 11" x 8' 6" (5.47m x 2.61m) The garage can be accessed from the front driveway, via an up-and-over garage door, or via the utility room. The garage comprises a concrete floor; exposed brick walls; a ceiling-mounted light fitting and a range of built-in base-and-eye level storage units.
EXTERNAL To the front of the property, one will find a large front garden which is largely laid to lawn bordered by mature shrubs and trees. A paved drive allows for two vehicles to be parked off road and allows access to the front entrance porch and garage. The front garden is enclosed on one side by hedging and the other by timber-panelled fencing with a timber gate to the side of the garage, allowing access to the rear of the property.
The rear garden is a generous sided lawned garden, with a paved patio area adjacent to the house for summer dining. The garden is flanked by mature shrubs and trees offering plenty of privacy. The garden can be reached via a uPVC door leading from the utility room, or via uPVC double glazed French doors from the lounge-diner. To the rear of the garden one will find a timber shed and two large greenhouses with power. The garden is enclosed on three sides by timber panelled fencing.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. How much is the council tax for this property? The property is a band E, in Manchester City Council this is currently £2,289 per annum. Some discounts are available.
2. Will there be a connected chain associated with this sale? No, the house is sold chain free.
3. When was this property constructed? The house was purchased new by the current owners when built in around 1974.
4. Has the property been extended? The property was extended by the current owners. The ground floor rear extension was added around 40 years ago.
5. Have the owners carried out any other work on the property? The current owners had all the facia boards and soffits replaced around 20 years ago. They also had all the external windows and doors replaced around 15 years ago.
6. Is the property sold freehold or leasehold? The owner believes the house is freehold, with a chief rent of £25 per annum, paid to Cherry Tree Investments Ltd.
7. Does the owner know of any tree preservation orders affecting this property? Yes, the owner has mentioned that she believes there to be a preservation order on the fir tree in the front garden.
8. Roughly how much are the utility bills at this property? The owners has advised that the combined gas and electricity has been costing around £300 pcm and the water rates are around £50 pcm.
9. Which are the current owner's favourite aspects of this property? The owner has advised that her family has loved the huge landscaped garden; the way the sunlight streams into the property; and the wonderful entertaining spaces offered by this house.