Riddings Road, Timperley, Altrincham
The ideal commercial space for a small start up business, new franchise or sole trader.
The property is located just a five minute walk from Timperley Metrolink station which allows easy access into Manchester City Centre or Altrincham. The property is located on a parade of shops, surrounded by residential property and close to several sought after schools, including Heyes Lane Primary School and St. Hugh's Catholic Primary School.
Located on the ground floor with a retail unit or office to the front of the commercial unit, with adverting window space spanning the front aspect. The office space can comfortably accommodate four large workstations. To the rear of the retail space one will find fitted storage cupboard and beyond a WC and kitchen.
1. How long can I rent this unit for? The landlord is ideally looking for a minimum rental term of 3 years. He is happy for a tenant to sign a 6-year or 9-year lease with a break clause at 3 years.
2. Would the landlord be happy for a tenant to carry out a change of use for the property? Yes, the landlord is happy for a tenant to apply to Trafford Council for a change of use. The only restriction is that the landlord does not wish for a hot food outlet or takeaway to rent this shop as he owns the apartments above and feels this will be an inconvenience to his tenants.
3. How much is the ratable value for this unit? The rateable value is £4450 per annum; however, some exemptions apply, the current occupant does not pay any business rates based on the size of his business. You can check whether your business would be exempt.
4. Which items is the landlord willing to leave in the shop for the tenants use? The landlord is happy to leave the four desks, three chairs, desk-side draws; filing cabinets, cupboards, safe (although he may require this item at a later date), shelves, water heater, and microwave. He will only need to take with him one chair and the fridge. If the correct tenant does not require these items, the landlord can make arrangements to have them removed.
5. What other terms will be in the lease agreement? The lease terms will be agreed by a solicitor appointed by the tenant and one appointed by the landlord. The landlord has specified he would like a standard self-maintaining lease, with an annual rent review inline with CPI + 2.5%. This means the lease will require as with most commercial tenancies that the tenant is responsible for repairs to the property during their lease; and will mean the rent will increase in line with inflation annually.
6. Does the property have separate meters? Yes, the property is fitted with a smart meter for the electricity, which is designated to this portion of the property and a water meter. There is no gas in the property.
7. How soon could I move into this property? The current occupant is the landlord and he is happy to vacate given 2 weeks’ notice. The lease agreement will need to be prepared before a tenant can occupy the property, this process normally takes around 4 weeks.
The rateable value is £4450