Washway Road, Sale
- Four Bedroom Detached House
- Double Glazed Throughout
- Large South-Facing Garden
- Open-Plan Kitchen-Diner
- Off-Road Parking for Four Cars
- Large Detached Garage
- Significantly Extended
- Chain Free Sale
Property SummaryFour bedroom detached house with large south-facing garden. This property offers off-road parking for up to four cars; two reception rooms, plus open-plan kitchen-diner; and a detached garage with scope to convert to granny flat or home office. An ideal family home!
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION Spacious four bedroom detached family home. This property offers a large south-facing garden; 10 meter garage which could be converted to a granny flat or home office; en suite to master bedroom; down stairs WC; and three large reception rooms.
This property is located in the catchment area of Trafford's sought after grammar schools and is well connected by motorway links and public transport. From this location one can benefit from easy access to the city centre, the airport, Altrincham town centre and Sale town centre.
ENTRANCE HALL The property is entered via a uPVC front door with uPVC glazed panels to either side. The entrance hall offers solid wood flooring; neutral decor; recessed spot lighting; wall mounted radiator; alarm panel and doors leading to lounge, family room, kitchen-diner, WC and storage cupboard. From the entrance hall one can also reach the first floor accommodation via a carpeted staircase.
LOUNGE 11' 3" x 14' 9" (3.44m x 4.50m) Located off the entrance hall the lounge benefits from a large uPVC double glazed bay window to the front aspect; laminate wood effect flooring; a pendant light fitting; feature fireplace with log burner; telephone and television points and wall mounted radiator.
FAMILY ROOM 13' 7" x 14' 11" (4.16m x 4.55m) Located to the rear of the property with sliding uPVC doors to the rear garden, the family room is a bright entertaining space. This room offers solid wood flooring; pendant light fitting; feature fireplace with gas fire; wall mounted radiator and television point.
KITCHEN/DINER 14' 4" x 20' 3" (4.37m x 6.19m) The kitchen-diner is a spacious room with uPVC double glazed French doors and window overlooking the rear garden. This room is fitted with a range of matching base and eye level storage units with worktops over; integral double oven and microwave; recessed gas hob with extractor fan over; recessed stainless steel sink unit with chrome flexi tap over; space for free standing fridge-freezer and a breakfast bar with additional storage under. From this room one can access the entrance hall, rear garden and integral garage. This room is fitted with recessed spot lighting and ceramic tiled flooring (currently covered by linoleum flooring).
INTEGRAL GARAGE 7' 5" x 11' 10" (2.27m x 3.61m) Located off the kitchen-diner is an integral garage. This space is currently utilised as a home gym and utility room. To the front aspect is an up-and-over door and the room offers power, lighting and plumbing for washer and dryer.
DOWNSTAIRS WC Off the entrance hall is a convenient downstairs WC. This room is fitted with a low-level WC; wall mounted hand wash basin; recessed spot lighting; an extractor fan and tiled flooring.
MASTER BEDROOM 17' 9" x 12' 2" (5.42m x 3.73m) The master bedroom is located to the rear of the property with two uPVC double glazed windows overlooking the rear garden. This room offers carpeted flooring; recessed spot lighting; television point; wall mounted radiator and access to the en suite shower room.
EN SUITE SHOWER ROOM 4' 8" x 6' 3" (1.43m x 1.93m) Located off the master bedroom is an modern en suite shower room. This room offers a uPVC frosted glass window to the side aspect; walk-in shower cubicle with glazed screen and chrome thermostatic shower system; wall mounted hand wash basin; low-level WC; wall mounted chrome heated towel rail and fully tiled floor and walls.
BEDROOM TWO 14' 4" x 13' 11" (4.38m x 4.26m) The second large double bedroom is located to the front of the property with a large uPVC double glazed bay window. This room is fitted with carpeted flooring; wall-to-wall sliding door fitted wardrobes; a built-in storage cupboard; recessed spot lighting; a wall mounted radiator and television point.
BEDROOM THREE 13' 11" x 13' 6" (4.25m x 4.13m) The third double bedroom is located at the rear of the property with a uPVC double glazed window over looking the rear garden. This room offers carpeted flooring; recessed spot lighting and a wall mounted radiator.
BEDROOM FOUR 10' 0" x 8' 7" (3.07m x 2.63m) The forth bedroom is located at the front of the property with a uPVC double glazed window to the front aspect. This room would make an ideal guest bedroom, child's bedroom or home office. The room is fitted with carpeted flooring; recessed spot lighting and a wall mounted radiator.
BATHROOM 9' 11" x 6' 4" (3.03m x 1.95m) The modern family bathroom is located off the first floor landing. The bathroom has fully tiled floor and walls; recessed shower cubicle with glazed door and chrome thermostatic shower system and white three-piece suite, comprising off: low-level WC; panelled bathtub with chrome mixer tap over; and pedestal hand wash basin. This room also offers a chrome wall mounted heated towel rail and wall mounted mirror.
EXTERNAL To the front of the property lies a large paved driveway, the drive allows sufficient space to park up to four vehicles off-road. To the front of the drive is a low-brick wall and wrought iron gates; the front drive is enclosed on either side by timber panelled fencing and a boarder stocked with mature shrubs and small trees, allowing for plenty of privacy at the front aspect. From the front drive one can access the rear garden via the side path which is enclosed by a wrought iron gate, one can also access the front door and integral garage.
To the rear of the property is an impressive south facing garden. The garden can be accessed via the side path, or via French doors from the kitchen-diner and sliding doors from the family room. The garden is largely laid to lawn; with well stocked boarders filled with mature shrubs and trees. There is a paved patio area for summer dining adjacent to the house, and a further paved seating area to the far end of the garden. Within the garden one can access the log store and the large detached garage. The garage is currently utilised as a workshop and storage area. This space could easily be converted into a good-sized granny flat or home office.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. How much will I be paying in council tax for this property? This property is in council tax band E, which in Trafford is currently £2,008.14 per annum.
2. How much will the utility bills cost for this property? The costs will depend on usage, the current owners have informed us they pay roughly £92pcm for gas and electricity combined and around £42pcm for water rates.
3. When was this property built? The vendors have informed us that they believe this property was constructed in the 1940s.
4. Is this property freehold or leasehold? This property is freehold, therefore there is no service change or ground rent payable.
5. Does the property have a sky dish fitted and what is internet speed like in this area? Yes, the property is fitted with a sky dish. The owners have advised that super-fast broadband is available.
6. Has the owner carried out any work on the house recently? Yes, the current owners have added a double story side extension to the property. The owners have also had the roof replaced.
7. Why is the vendor selling this property? The vendors will be downsizing and have already secured a property to move to.
8. How old is the boiler and when was it last serviced? The boiler was installed at the same time as the house was extended, this was in around 2019. The boiler is serviced annually on a serviced contract by British Gas, this was last done in August 2020.
9. Is there access to the loft? Yes, there is a loft hatch on the first-floor landing with a pull-down ladder. The loft is currently part boarded for storage. There is full head room in the loft and the vendors have advised that it could easily be converted to another bedroom, if needed.
10. Which items will be included in the sale price? The vendors will include all the fitted white goods, including the oven, hob, and microwave in the kitchen. They will also be happy to agree a price for the washer, dryer and freestanding fridge-freezer.
11. Which features of this house has the vendor most enjoyed? The vendor has loved living here and has informed us that their favorite aspects of the house are:
a) The location being convenient for local amenities.
b) The well-proportioned home, with large rooms, which is very comfortable and ideal for a family.
c) The large south-facing garden and privacy to the rear.