Wood Lane, Timperley
- Three Bedroom Detached House
- Potential to Extend
- Detached Garage and Off-Road Parking
- Good Size South Facing Rear Garden
- Two Large Reception Rooms
- In Need of Modernisation
- Sold With No Chain
- In Catchment for Cloverlea Primary School
- Gas Central Heating
- Sought After Location
Property SummaryThree bedroom detached family home benefiting from off-road parking, detached garage, good-size garden and potential to extend. The property is located in the catchment area of Trafford outstanding primary and secondary schools. This is an ideal property for those wanting to modernise and put their own stamp on their home!
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION A much loved and well maintained family home. This three bedroom detached house is ideally located for access to transport links, sought after local schools and local amenities. The property offers scope for a significant extension to the rear.
There is off-road parking, and a generous rear garden which is south facing. There is also a detached garage which would be ideal for a music studio; home office; summer house or just storage space.
ENTRANCE HALL The property is entered from the front garden via a storm porch and then into the entrance hall via a solid wood door. The entrance hall offers carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; a double panel radiator and a carpeted balustrade staircase with storage under to first floor accommodation. There are doors leading off the entrance hall to the downstairs shower room, kitchen and dining room; plus a frosted glass window into the lounge which allows additional natural light into the entrance hall.
DOWNSTAIRS SHOWER ROOM 6' 6" x 8' 4" (1.99m x 2.54m) On the ground floor just off the entrance hall is a convenient shower room. This room offers a frosted glass uPVC double glazed window to the front aspect; tile flooring; a wall light fitting; a corner shower unit with glazed screen and recessed chrome thermostatic shower system over; pedestal wash basin; a low-level WC; an extractor fan and part tiled walls.
LOUNGE 11' 2" x 16' 5" (3.42m x 5m) The lounge is accessed from the entrance hall. This room offers carpeted flooring, two wall mounted light fittings; one double paneled radiators; TV and telephone points; and a gas fire. The lounge offers a uPVC double glazed bay window to the front aspect glazed panel doors to the dining room.
DINING ROOM 11' 3" x 10' (3.43m x 3.05m) Connected to the lounge via wooden paneled double doors, this room is located at the rear of the property with uPVC sliding doors to the rear garden. This room offers carpeted flooring; telephone points; a wall mounted light fitting; a single panel radiator and door leading to the kitchen.
KITCHEN 15' 9" x 10' 2" (4.8m x 3.1m) The kitchen is fitted with an array of white wooden storage units at base and eye level; there are two uPVC double glazed windows to the rear aspect; space and plumbing for a dishwasher, fridge/freezer and oven with electric hob (these appliances can be negotiated in the sale price). The kitchen also offers vinyl tiled effect flooring; two wall mounted strip lights and a pendant light fitting and a wooden door with glazed panels to the side aspect.
UTILITY ROOM 6' 6" x 8' 1" (1.99m x 2.46m) The utility room is accessed from the kitchen and fitted with a range of matching base and eye-level storage units. There is space and plumbing for a washer and dryer under the worktops. This room also offers a uPVC double glazed window to side aspect; wall mounted lighting; vinyl tiled effect flooring; wall mounted double panel radiator and a wall mounted Worcester boiler.
MASTER BEDROOM 12' 8" x 13' 5" (3.86m x 4.09m) The master bedroom is located at the front of the property; with uPVC double glazed window to the front aspect. This bright and spacious bedroom offers a pendant light fitting; a double panel radiator; carpeted flooring; fitted wardrobes and ample space for double bed, chest of draws, dressing table and bedside tables.
BEDROOM TWO 12' 8" x 11' 3" (3.86m x 3.43m) The second double bedroom offers a uPVC double glazed window with views over the rear garden. This is also a good sized double bedroom with carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting and two wall mounted light fittings; a single panel radiator; fitted wardrobes and plenty of space for double bed, bedside tables and chest of draws.
BEDROOM THREE 8' 4" x 6' 8" (2.54m x 2.04m) The third bedroom is a single bedroom, this room offers a uPVC double glazed window to the front aspect; carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; a double panel radiator and ample space for a single bed, bedside table and chest of draws. This room would be perfect as a children's bedroom or home office.
BATHROOM 6' 7" x 8' 11" (2.01m x 2.72m) On the first floor landing, one will find access to the family bathroom. This room offers a uPVC double glazed frosted glass window to the rear aspect; vinyl tiled effect flooring; part tiled walls; a ceiling mounted light fitting; a cupboard for storage and also housing the immersion heater and a wall mounted double panel radiator. This room also offers a fitted three piece suite, comprising: a paneled bath; low-level WC and a pedestal hand wash basin.
EXTERIOR The property sits on a generous corner plot which is set back from the road by a large grassed verge. At the front of the property lies a good sized front garden, enclosed by a low-brick wall and beautifully maintained with established trees, shrubs and plants. There is also a paved pathway which leads to the front door and down to the side access of the house.
To the rear of the property, you will find a paved driveway for two cars with carport and detached garage. Beyond lies a large lawned garden with immaculately maintained boarders, filled with an array of shrubs and plants which fill the garden with colour in these spring and summer months. There is a paved patio area perfect for summer dining adjacent to the house and paved pathway leading up the garden. The rear garden is south facing and catches the sun throughout the whole day.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. Is this property freehold or leasehold? This property is freehold, therefore there is no ground rent or service charge payable.
2. How much is the council tax for this property? The house is in council tax band B, which in Trafford is currently £1,277.90 per annum.
3. When was this property built? The vendor has advised that the house was built in around 1930.
4. What are neighbours like? The vendor has advised us that the local residents are all quiet and friendly people. They believe that there is a nice sense of community in this area.
5. Does the property have a Sky dish? No, the property is not currently fitted with a Sky dish.
6. Which items will be included in the sale price? The vendor is happy to include all of the appliances that are currently in the property, these include; a freestanding dishwasher; freestanding washing machine and dryer; freestanding fridge/freezer and all fixtures and fittings.
8. Is there access to the loft space for storage, has it been boarded? The loft is accessible via a loft ladder, and it is boarded, so it can be used for storage.
9. Have any structural alterations been made to the property? Yes, the current owners did a side and rear extension to the property in 1991. This now benefits from the downstairs shower room, utility room and large kitchen. All relevant planning permission and building control regulations were obtained at the time.
8. What are the vendors three favourite aspects of this property? The location is one of the vendor's favourite aspects, as the property is just a short distance to Altrincham, Timperley and in the catchment area for Cloverlea Primary School. The beautifully maintained south facing rear garden. Finally, the owners have enjoyed the friendly local community in this area.