Buying a Property
We are here to guide you through the process of buying a property. No matter the type of property you are looking for, the team at Jameson and Partners Estate Agents will be delighted to help.
The step by step process when buying a property.
- Searching for the perfect property. During your initial consultation with us we will collect a detailed list of your requirements and begin your property search. If we don’t have a suitable property immediately, we will actively seek properties matching your criteria. We will notify you as soon as one comes on the market.
- Making an offer on a property. Once you’ve found a property you like, you first need to decide on your offer (the price you want to pay the seller). This may be less, the same or more than the price they are asking. There may then be negotiations over the price until you both agree on a final figure.
- Offer agreed. Once the seller has accepted your offer, your solicitor begins the conveyancing process. This includes the necessary legal searches, which will define exactly what you are buying. They will also look at the terms of the sale and that the seller is entitled to sell the property to you.
- Finance and property survey. If you need a loan (a ‘mortgage’) to buy the property, you should now talk to a mortgage broker (a professional who arranges mortgage loans) or go directly to a lender.
You may also want a professional report (a ‘survey’ ) on the property to make sure that is in good condition.
- Exchange of contracts. The Exchange of Contracts is the legal commitment to say you will buy the property, and the seller will sell it to you. Until this point, either of you could change your minds and walk away. But once contracts are exchanged, you are both legally required to proceed.
- Completion. Completion is when the deal is finalised and your solicitor will allow us to release the keys. The property is now yours!