Gaskell Road, Altrincham
- Four Bedroom Semi Detached House
- Catchment Area for Outstanding Schools
- Close to Metrolink and Motorway Links
- Family Bathroom and En Suite Shower Room
- Plantation Shutters
- Scope for Side or Rear Extension
- Off Road Parking and Single Garage
- Double Glazed Throughout
- Loft Conversion with Dormer
- Large Private Garden
Property SummaryA beautifully presented four bedroom semi-detached family home. Located just five minutes walk to Navigation Road School and metro station and just fifteen minutes walk into Altrincham town center. Converted loft room with en suite; single garage and corner plot. Viewing advised.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION Viewings available Wednesday 5th of June 4.30pm-6.30pm and Saturday 8th of June 10.30am-12.30pm. Please book to avoid disappointment.
A four double bedroom family home; located just a five minute walk to Navigation Road School and Metro link station and just ten minutes walk into Altrincham town centre. This property is semi-detached and offers accommodation over three floors; with two reception rooms; two bathrooms and a rap around garden on three sides with off-road parking and a garage to the rear.
ENTRANCE HALL A porch precedes the entrance hall; the porch is accessed via wooden framed door with glazed panel, which is reached via a paved path leading across the front garden. The porch leads to a second hard wood door with stained glass inserts.The entrance hall beyond is a bright and welcoming space, offering: Solid wood flooring laid in a herringbone design; dado rails; picture rails and coving; a double panelled radiator; pendant light fitting and access to the lounge and dining room via wooden panelled doors, and to the first floor accommodation via a carpeted staircase.
LOUNGE 14' 4" x 11' 4" (4.38m x 3.46m) The lounge is beautiful entertaining space with large bay windows to the front aspect with the original stained glass panels with have been triple glazed; half height plantation shutters and wood flooring; this room also offers a stunning period cast iron fireplace with period tiles; there is a picture rail; skirting boards; a pendant light fitting; a double panelled radiator and telephone points.
DINING ROOM 13' 4" x 13' 0" (4.08m x 3.98m) The dining room is accessed from the entrance hall and allows access to the kitchen. This room is bright and spacious with uPVC double glazed windows to the side and rear aspects. The dining room also offers wood effect flooring; a period cast iron fireplace; a pendant light fitting; a double panelled radiator and TV and telephone points.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM 18' 3" x 10' 10" (5.57m x 3.31m) To the rear of the property accessed from the dining room is a large breakfast kitchen, flooded with natural light from the French doors to the side aspect with glazed panels over and an additional uPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect. The kitchen offers tiled flooring; recessed spot lighting; splash back tiling; wall mounted combi boiler; space for a fridge-freezer; large oven/hob; and ample storage space. The kitchen also allows access to an under stairs storage cupboard.
FAMILY BATHROOM 9' 1" x 7' 7" (2.78m x 2.32m) A large family bathroom is located on the first floor and accessed from the landing. This room is fitted with a white three piece suite comprising of a pedestal hand wash basin; low-level WC; panelled bathtub and a tower shower with curved sliding doors and thermostatic shower system. This room offers tiled flooring and part-tiled walls; a wall mounted heated towel rail; a uPVC double glazed window to the side aspect; and recessed spot lighting.
MASTER BEDROOM 15' 3" x 12' 3" (4.66m x 3.74m) The master bedroom is brightly lit via two large uPVC double glazed windows to the front aspect with plantation shutters. This room also offers carpeted flooring; two pendant light fittings; two single panelled radiators; TV and telephone points; and ample space for wardrobes, double bed, chest of draws and bedside tables.
BEDROOM TWO 14' 7" x 11' 4" (4.45m x 3.46m) The second bedroom is located on the second floor, this room is accessed via a carpeted staircase from the first floor landing. The loft conversion is fully compliant and currently utilised as a bedroom with en suite bathroom. The bedroom offers a bright and spacious room with uPVC double glazed windows to side and rear aspect; wood flooring; recessed spot lighting; TV point; wall to wall fitted wardrobes and access to the en suite shower room via a wooden panelled door.
EN SUITE SHOWER ROOM 5' 6" x 6' 8" (1.70m x 2.04m) Located on the second floor and accessed via the second bedroom is an ensuite shower room. This room offers a Velux skylight; fully tiled floor and walls; a low-level WC; a wall mounted hand wash basin; tower shower with curved sliding doors and chrome thermostatic shower system; and wall mounted heated towel rail.
BEDROOM THREE 13' 0" x 9' 7" (3.98m x 2.93m) The third bedroom is located on the first floor; this room is currently used as an office/gym, but offers ample space for a double bed and wardrobes. This room is fitted with wood flooring and offers uPVC double glazed windows to side and rear aspects with plantation shutters; a double panelled radiator; pendant light fitting; telephone point ample power points.
BEDROOM FOUR 10' 11" x 10' 1" (3.33m x 3.08m) The fourth bedroom is located at the rear of the house on the first floor, accessed via the landing. This room room is currently utilised as a dressing room, but offers ample space for a double bed. The forth bedroom offers a uPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect; wood flooring; a pendant light fitting; a double panelled radiator and chrome wall mounted heated towel rail.
EXTERNAL This property offers a beautifully maintained garden on three sides, a benefit of the corner plot. The garden is well stocked with mature trees, plants and shrubs, offering plenty of privacy to front, side and rear. The property is approached at the front via a wooden gate located within a low stone wall with a tall hedge behind. The gate leads to a paved path winding through the front garden to the porch door.
To the rear of the property there are wooden gates allowing for off-road parking. The remaining boarder is enclosed by a brick wall; there is a single detached garage with power and alarm and a shed; the ground is partly paved and partly covered by slate shale; there is staggered decking leading to the French doors into the kitchen.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. When was this property built? The owners have advised that the property was built in circa 1909.
2. Who lives in the neighboring properties? The adjoining property is owner occupied, the couple who live here are friendly and quiet.
3. Which items will be included in the sale price? The owners will include all fitted carpets and the plantation shutters in the sale price. Once they have an onward purchase agreed, they can establish which other items they are willing to sell or leave to the buyer.
4. How much do the utility bills cost at this house? Council tax for this property is band D, which is currently £1567.47pa, some discounts are available. The electric and gas equates to around £80pcm and water is usually about £56pcm. Of course, the bills will depend on the size of your family and usage.
5. Has any major work been carried out on the property in recent years? Yes, the owner has carefully maintained and modernized the property. They had the loft converted in 2014, this room offers a dormer to the rear and en-suite shower room. The loft bedroom is fully compliant, and the vendors have correct documentation from Trafford Council. The exterior of the house has been recently rendered in 2016 with Weber/Key Colour Render which does not require repainting.
6. Is there a loft space at this property? Yes, there is loft storage space at the rear of the property. This space is boarded for storage and accessed via a drop-down ladder.
7. How soon could a purchase be completed? The owners are looking to purchase onward. They have not found a suitable property just yet, but they hope to move swiftly and will purchase their onward with cash proceeds of their sale.
8. Which aspects of this property has the owner most enjoyed? The owner has advised that they love the large corner plot; the fact their garden is not overlooked; the off-road parking and the beautiful period features.
9. Could this property be extended? Yes, the property next door has been extended to the rear, the purchasers could enlarge the kitchen by extending to the rear or to the side of the house. There is also scope to convert the garage into a studio or office space.