Gerrard Avenue, Timperley, Altrincham
- Four Bedroom Semi - Detached House
- Double Glazed Throughout
- Off-Road Parking for Two Vehicles
- Generous Rear Garden
- Downstairs WC
- Detached Garage
- Within Catchment of Outstanding Schools
- New Roof Two Years Ago
- Scope for Side and Rear Extension
- Planning Approval for Side and Rear Extension
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION Four-bedroom semi-detached family home, with off-road parking and generous rear garden. This property offers scope for further extension if required, the kitchen-breakfast room could be knocked through to the sitting room and extended to the side and rear.
The property offers a single detached garage and is double-glazed throughout. An ideal family home, within the catchment area for a number of reputable local primary schools and the sough after-Trafford grammar schools.
LIVING ROOM 10' 8" x 15' 2" (3.26m x 4.64m) The living room is located off the entrance hall with uPVC double-glazed bay windows to the front aspect; carpeted flooring; a single panel radiator; a pendant light fitting and a television and telephone point.
SITTING ROOM 12' 9" x 10' 7" (3.90m x 3.25m) The sitting room is also accessed via the entrance hall, with uPVC double-glazed French doors and adjacent windows to the rear aspect.
This room is fitted with carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; a double panel radiator; a television and telephone point and an open fire with decorative surround.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM 6' 3" x 19' 4" (1.93m x 5.91m) The kitchen offers a range of matching base and eye-level storage units with space to the rear for a dining table. This room offers tiled flooring an a tiled splash back; two uPVC double-glazed windows to the side aspect; uPVC double-glazed French doors to the rear aspect; a recessed one-and-half bowl stainless steel sink; a range of integrated appliances, including An electric oven, with four ring gas hob and stainless steel extractor hood over; integrated microwave oven; and dishwasher; there is also space and plumbing for a washing machine and fridge-freezer. This room is fitted with a double-panel radiator and ceiling-mounted strip light.
DOWNSTAIRS WC 4' 8" x 1' 11" (1.44m x 0.59m) The downstairs WC is located off the entrance hall; this room offers a uPVC double-glazed frosted glass window to the side aspect; laminate tile effect flooring; a wall-mounted sink with storage under; low-level WC and recessed spotlighting.
MASTER BEDROOM 16' 9" x 13' 1" (5.11m x 4.00m) The master bedroom is located on the second floor with a double-glazed Velux skylight to the front aspect and a large uPVC double-glazed window to the rear aspect. This bedroom offers access to the eave storage space and to an en suite shower room. The master bedroom is fitted with carpeted flooring; recessed spotlighting; a double-panel radiator; a television point and recessed fitted wardrobes.
EN SUITE SHOWER ROOM 5' 5" x 5' 2" (1.66m x 1.60m) Located off the master bedroom on the second floor, one will find an en suite shower room. The en suite shower room offers a uPVC double-glazed frosted glass window to the rear aspect; part-tiled walls; tiled flooring; recessed spot lighting; an extractor fan; a wall-mounted hand wash basin with storage under and mirror fronted cabinet over; a shower cubicle with a chrome thermostatic shower system; and a wall mounted chrome heated towel rail.
BEDROOM TWO 15' 2" x 10' 8" (4.64m x 3.26m) The second bedroom is located off the first-floor landing with uPVC double-glazed bay windows to the front aspect; carpeted flooring; a single-panel radiator and a ceiling-mounted light fitting.
BEDROOM THREE 10' 8" x 12' 2" (3.27m x 3.71m) The third double bedroom is located off the first-floor landing to the rear aspect, with uPVC double-glazed window to the rear aspect. This bedroom is fitted with carpeted flooring; a single panel radiator and a ceiling mounted light fitting.
BEDROOM FOUR 7' 0" x 7' 4" (2.15m x 2.25m) The fourth bedroom is a single bedroom located off the first-floor landing, with a uPVC double-glazed window to the front aspect. This room comprises carpeted flooring; a double panel radiator; and a ceiling-mounted light fitting.
BATHROOM 6' 5" x 8' 3" (1.97m x 2.54m) The family bathroom is located off the first-floor landing with two uPVC double-glazed frosted glass windows to the side aspect; tiled flooring; part tiled walls; a shaving socket; wall mounted hand wash basin; low-level WC; panelled bath with chrome thermostatic shower system over; wall mounted chrome heated towel rail and recessed spot lighting.
EXTERNAL To the front of the property one will find a drive allowing for two, or three vehicles to be parked off-road; wrought iron gates to the side aspect allow access to the garage and rear garden beyond.
To the rear of the property one will find a generous rear garden, which is largely laid to lawn with borders stocked with mature shrubs and small trees. The rear garden houses the garage and a timber storage shed. This garden is enclosed on three sides by timber panelled fencing.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. When was this property constructed? The vendor has advised he believes the property was built in around 1940.
2. Who lives in the neighbouring houses? The houses on either side are currently owner-occupied by a young family and a couple.
3. Has the current owner carried out any structural alterations to the property? Yes, the owner has carried out a loft conversion. He has obtained full building control sign-off from a private company.
4. Is this property freehold or leasehold? The owner has advised the property is sold freehold. This can be verified by your legal advisor.
5. Has the roof been repaired recently? Yes, the roof has been replaced in 2021.
6. Have the current owners carried out any other works since their purchase? Yes, the owners had a damp-proof course fitted in 2022. They have a certificate and warranty for this work.
7. Which are the current owner's favourite aspects of this property? The current owner has advised that they have enjoyed the generous garden; the convenient location of the property with access to brilliant local schools; and the bright back room with French doors opening into the garden.
8. Has the owner considered a ground-floor extension? Yes, the current owner has obtained planning approval for a large ground floor extension. The plans for this are available on Trafford's planning portal.