Grove Lane, Hale, Altrincham
- Chain Free Sale
- Four Bedroom Semi-Detached House
- Located in Catchment for Sought After Schools
- Generous Rear Garden
- Off-Road Parking
- Modernised Throughout
- Separate Utility Room
- En Suite to Master Bedroom
- Double Glazed Throughout
- Rear Extension and Loft Conversion
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION This well-proportioned four bedroom semi-detached family home is located just a short walk to Hale and Altrincham. This property is also within the catchment area of several of Trafford's most sough after schools.
The property is modernised throughout and offers a generous south-facing garden and off-road parking to the rear. A rear extension and loft extension has been carried out which adds appreciated dimension to the property. Additionally, a separate utility room/ WC and en suite bathroom to the Master Bedroom is included.
This property is sold without an onward chain
ENTRANCE HALL 11' 10" x 5' 10" (3.62m x 1.78m) The property is entered from the front garden via a double uPVC double glazed doors into an enclosed porch with a pitched roof. From the porch one can enter the entrance hall via a recently installed period style hardwood door with stained glass insert.
The entrance hall offers high ceilings; tiled flooring; a cast iron freestanding radiator; alarm panel; a pendant light fitting; balustrade staircase to first floor accommodation and doors to living room, lounge-diner and under-stairs storage cupboard.
LIVING ROOM 12' 3" x 13' 11" (3.74m x 4.25m) Accessed from the entrance hall, via a wooden panelled door with glazed upper inserts is a spacious living room. This impressive reception room offers a large uPVC double glazed bay window with leaded stained designs on upper panes. The room is also fitted with carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting, a period cast iron fireplace; television and telephone points; and a double panel radiator.
The walls are fitted with skirting boards, picture rails and coving, adding much period character.
LOUNGE/DINER 21' 3" x 10' 10" (6.49m x 3.32m) The lounge-diner is a generous reception room with a part vaulted ceiling and an inset Velux skylight window. This room is flooded with natural light from the Velux, in addition to uPVC double glazed French doors and window to the rear aspect.
This room is fitted with laminate wood effect flooring; two pendant light fitting; two wall mounted light fittings, two double panel radiators; television point and solid wood doors leading to storage cupboard, kitchen and downstairs WC/ utility room.
KITCHEN 6' 0" x 14' 9" (1.83m x 4.52m) The kitchen reached via the lounge-diner and offers a uPVC double glazed door to the side aspect and window to the rear aspect. This room is fitted with a large range of matching base and eye level storage units; a one and half bowl recessed sink and drainer unit with tiled splash-back; a Velux skylight; tiled flooring; recessed spot lighting and space for fridge-freezer.
If the buyer wishes this room opened to the lounge-diner by removal of the internal wall.
UTILITY ROOM/ WC 6' 8" x 6' 0" (2.04m x 1.85m) The convenient utility room/ downstairs WC is again accessed from the lounge-diner. This room offers tiled flooring; recessed spot lighting; a range of wall mounted storage units with worktops and tiled splash back over; a wall mounted combiner's boiler; a uPVC double glazed frosted window to the side aspect; a low-level WC; a wall mounted hand wash basin with storage under and tiled splash back over; and wall mounted chrome heated towel rail. This room also allows space and plumbing for a washing machine and tumble dryer.
MASTER BEDROOM 13' 10" x 16' 11" (4.22m x 5.18m) The master bedroom is located on the second floor and benefits from access to an en suite shower room. This spacious double bedroom offers a large uPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect; carpeted flooring; two sets of multi-directional spot lights; a double panel radiator; a television point and access to en suite and eave storage space.
EN SUITE BATHROOM 7' 11" x 5' 1" (2.43m x 1.56m) A modern en suite bathroom located off the master bedroom on the second floor. This room comprises of fully tiled floor and walls; a frosted glass uPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect; a P-shaped bathtub with half glazed screen chrome thermostatic shower system over; a pedestal hand wash basin with chrome mixer tap; wall mounted mirror fronted cabinet; chrome heated towel rail; recessed central light fitting; and extractor fan.
BEDROOM TWO 12' 4" x 11' 9" (3.76m x 3.60m) A second large double bedroom located on the first floor. This bedroom benefits from two uPVC double glazed windows to the front aspect; carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; a double panel radiator and ample space for kingsized bed, chest of draws and wardrobes.
BEDROOM THREE 11' 7" x 10' 0" (3.55m x 3.07m) The third bedroom is located to the rear of the property with a uPVC double glazed window overlooking the rear garden. This room offers carpeted flooring; a double panel radiator; a pendant light fitting with dimmer switch and more than enough room for double bed, wardrobes and desk/ chest of draws.
BEDROOM FOUR 8' 2" x 8' 0" (2.51m x 2.44m) The fourth bedroom is located off the first floor landing, this room would also accommodate a double bed, but might be utilised as a home office or child's bedroom. The fourth bedroom offers a uPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect; carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting and a double panel radiator.
BATHROOM 5' 8" x 6' 4" (1.73m x 1.95m) The family bathroom is fitted with a contemporary white suite and frosted glass uPVC double glazed window to the front aspect. This room offers fully tiled floor and walls; a panelled bath with electric shower over and half glazed screen; a low-level WC; pedestal hand wash basin; ceiling mounted light fitting and chrome wall mounted heated towel rail.
EXTERNAL The property benefits from a large plot with access to off-road parking and a rear storage shed at the end of the garden and via Lilac Road. The rear garden benefits from a south-facing aspect.
To the front of the property lies a paved front garden which is enclosed by a low-level brick wall and accessed using a wooden gate.
To the rear of the property one can access the rear garden via the uPVC door from the kitchen to the side path or via the French doors leading from the lounge-diner. The garden is on a split level, initially one reaches a paved dining area. From this area paved steps and a wrought iron gate allow access to a lawned garden with paved path leading to the rear gate. The garden is enclosed by timber panelled fencing to one side, a mature hedge to the other and adjacent to the house a low-level brick wall flanked by a timber panelled fence on either side.
The driveway can be reached via the path leading to a timber gate at the far end of the garden. There is also access to the detached timber shed.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1.When was this property built? The vendor has advised that they believe this property was built circa 1918.
2. How quickly can the vendors move to a new home? The vendors have re-located for work. Therefore, this will be a chain free sale and can be completed as swiftly as the buyer is able to.
3. Has the vendor carried out at work recently? The property has undergone full renovation in recent years. The property has been extended to the rear on the ground floor and the loft has been converted, with the addition of a dormer to the rear. At this time the roof was replaced, a partial re-wire was carried out; the central heating system was serviced and all relevant local authority consent was sought and obtained.
4. Is this property freehold or leasehold? The vendor has advised that the property is freehold, meaning there are no service charges or ground rent payable.
5. How old is the boiler? The vendor has advised us that the boiler was installed in around 2014.
6. What is the broadband speed like in this area? The vendor has advised us that the broadband speed is excellent in the area.
7. Is the vendor willing to include any furniture or white goods? The vendor intends to include the integrated oven, hob and extractor hood in the sale price. Along with the carpets, and fixtures and fittings.
8. How much is the council tax for this property? This property is rated as a band D. At present in Trafford, this is £1644 per annum.
9. Who lives next door? The vendor has advised us that the neighbouring properties are occupied by pleasant families and couples.
10. Is this property listed in conservation area? No, this property is not located within a current conservation area.
11. Is there access to the loft space for storage, has it been boarded? The loft has been converted to create a large and spacious master bedroom with en-suite bathroom. There is access to eave storage from this room.
12. What are the vendor's favourite aspects of the property? The vendor has loved living here and has informed us that their favourite aspects of the house are:
1) The generous rooms and general feeling of space throughout the property, making it an ideal family home.
2) The large south facing garden with driveway for off-road parking, a huge convenience in this location.
3) The ease of access to a wide range of local amenities. Including brilliant schools, shops, restaurants, places of worship, beautiful green spaces and of course transport links.