Moss Lane, Timperley, Altrincham
This property offers scope to be converted into three rental units, with scope to convert the basement and create independent access to basement, ground floor and first-floor dwellings.
The property is located on a small stretch of shops, adjacent to Pickering Lodge Park in Timperley. The property is just a ten minute walk to Timperley Metrolink Station,
The shop offers a glazed frontage with seating area to the front of the shop. Internally the shop benefits from a retail space with a customer bathroom to the rear. The rear door from the shop leads to the residential kitchen and rear garden beyond. From the kitchen-diner one can access the rear garden and garage.
To the first floor one will find two large double bedrooms, a well appointed modern bathroom and lounge with bay window to the front aspect.
The retail unit is located on the ground floor with a central entrance door and glazed windows to either side. The retail unit benefits from use external seating area to the front aspect of the shop. The shop is currently utilised as a coffee shop, which can be purchased as a going concern or the shop could be repurpose for a variety of businesses. To the rear of the retail unit one will find a large WC and a hatch allowing access to a staircase leading to the basement. Within the retail unit one will find a multi-fuel stove; the shop area is fitted with polished wooden floorboards; recessed spotlighting and pendant light fittings. A rear door to the shop leads to the residential kitchen-breakfast room and landing allowing access to first-floor accommodation.
The commercial unit is currently exempt from business rates, with a current ratable value of £6,500 pa.
1. Is this property sold freehold or leasehold? The current owners have advised the property is sold leasehold with no service charge, but a ground rent of £10 per annum. The lease was 999 years, commencing in 1930, therefore there are 906 years remaining pn the lease.
2. What are the business rates for this unit? The current owners have provided evidence that the unit is subject to business rates relief, meaning they are not currently required to pay any business rates. The ratable value of the unit is £6,500 per annum.
3. When was the boiler last serviced? The boiler was installed in January 2019 and is serviced annually. The last service was December 2022.
4. Have the current owners carried out any work to the electrics? Yes, the owners have had the property partially re-wired around 7 years ago, adding a number of new sockets.
5. Have the current owners carried out any roof repairs? The current owners have owned this property for 7 years and have not needed to carry out any roof repairs during this period.
6. Which items will be included in the sale price for this property? The current owners have advised that they will include all the curtains and blinds in the sale price and most light fittings other than those in the rear of the retail unit and the first-floor lounge. They are willing to negotiate the sale of the white goods, some items of furniture and the equipment in the retail unit.