Walton Road, Altrincham
- Four Bedroom Semi-Detached House
- Double Glazed Throughout
- Modern Bathroom and Kitchen
- Off-Road Parking
- Catchment of Outstanding Schools
- Short Walk to John Leigh Park
- Modern Baxi Boiler
- Downstairs WC
- Low Maintenance Rear Garden
- Storage Shed with Power and Light
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION A four bedroom semi-detached family home, with off-road parking for two vehicles and good sized rear garden. The property benefits from modern bathroom and kitchen; a downstairs WC and has been double glazed throughout. The property offers two large reception rooms on the ground floor with patio doors from the sitting room and kitchen-diner leading to the rear garden.
An ideal family home, within catchment of Trafford's sough-after schools, and walking distance to John Leigh Park and Altrincham town centre.
LIVING ROOM 14' 2" x 10' 11" (4.32m x 3.34m) The living room is located to the front of the property with uPVC double glazed bay windows to the front aspect, fitted with plantation shutters. This room offers polished wood floorboards; a pendant light fitting; a double panel radiator; television and telephone point.
SITTING ROOM 13' 5" x 12' 9" (4.09m x 3.90m) The sitting room is accessed from the entrance hall and allows access via an opening to the kitchen-diner and to the rear garden via uPVC double glazed French doors, fitted with plantation shutters. This room offers polished wood floorboards; a pendant light fitting; a uPVC double glazed bay window to the side aspect, with plantation shutters; a double panel radiator and a television point.
KITCHEN / DINING ROOM 9' 7" x 16' 8" (2.93m x 5.09m) The kitchen-diner is located to the rear of the property with uPVC double glazed French doors to the side aspect and a uPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect. The kitchen is fitted with a range of matching base and eye-level storage units; a range of integral appliances, including a dishwasher; oven; fridge-freezer; washing machine; and an induction hob, with a stainless steel extractor fan over. The kitchen also offers engineered wood effect flooring; recessed spotlighting and a vertical wall mounted radiator. From the kitchen one can access the downstairs WC, via a wooden panelled door.
DOWNSTAIRS WC 5' 10" x 3' 3" (1.79m x 1.01m) The downstairs WC is fitted with a low-level WC; wall mounted hand wash basin; a pendant light fitting; engineered wood effect flooring; and access to an under stairs storage cupboard.
MASTER BEDROOM 14' 8" x 11' 8" (4.48m x 3.56m) The master bedroom is located off the first-floor landing, with two large uPVC double glazed windows to the front aspect, with fitted horizontal blinds. The master bedroom is fitted with wall-to-wall built in wardrobes; carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; and a double panel radiator.
BEDROOM TWO 12' 9" x 8' 9" (3.89m x 2.69m) The second double bedroom is located off the first-floor landing with a uPVC double glazed window to the side aspect and rear aspect, with fitted horizontal blinds; carpeted flooring; wall-to-wall fitted wardrobes; a pendant light fitting and a single panel radiator.
BEDROOM THREE 8' 11" x 9' 6" (2.73m x 2.92m) The third bedroom is located to the rear of the property with a uPVC double glazed window overlooking the rear garden, with fitted horizontal blinds. This room also offers carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; a wall-mounted vertical radiator and fitted wardrobes.
BEDROOM FOUR 15' 3" x 14' 0" (4.67m x 4.27m) The fourth bedroom is located on the second floor, with a uPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect, with fitted horizontal blinds. This room offers carpeted flooring; recessed spotlighting; a double panel radiator; access to the eave storage space and a range of matching built in storage cupboards, draws, wardrobes and desk.
BATHROOM 6' 4" x 7' 4" (1.95m x 2.26m) The bathroom is located off the first-floor landing with a uPVC double glazed frosted glass window to the side aspect; tile flooring and floor-to-ceiling tiled walls; engineered wood effect flooring; a wall mounted chrome heated towel rail; recessed spotlighting; a wall mounted back-lit mirror with built-in blue tooth speaker; low-level WC; wall mounted hand wash basin with storage under; bathtub with tiled panel, glazed screen and chrome thermostatic shower system over and wall mounted storage cupboard.
EXTERNAL To the front of the property one will find a generous paved drive, allowing ample space for parking two vehicles off-road; a gravelled garden with paved path leading to the front door; enclosed to the side by timber panelled fencing and to the front aspect by a low-level stone wall. From the front garden a timber gate allows access to the rear of the property.
The rear garden is largely laid to lawn, with a paved patio area adjacent to the house. Within the garden is a timber storage shed with electric and lighting, currently housing a tumble dryer. The garden offers raised beds, stocked with mature shrubs and plants and is enclosed on three sides by timber panelled fencing.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. When was this property constructed? The current owners have advised that the property was built in around 1910.
2. Have the current owners carried out any structural alternations to this property? No, the current owners have fitted a new kitchen, new bathroom, installed a new consumer unit; fitted a downstairs WC; had fitted wardrobes added to all the bedrooms and had the plantation shutters fitted. The loft was converted by the previous owner and building control sign off was received, this was completed in 2004.
3. Is this property sold freehold or leasehold? The current owner has advised that this property is sold freehold.
4. Which items will be included in the sale price for this property? The property sale price will include the fitted white goods, which are the oven, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge-freezer and induction hob. The sale price will also include all light fittings, blinds, shutters and the garden shed.
5. How quickly could the current owners complete a sale? The current owners have agreed an onward purchase and are looking to complete a sale of this property in July 2023. They have children who are taking exams this year, therefore would like to move house when the exams have finished.
6. How much is the council tax for this property? This property is in Trafford Council tax band D, which is currently £1876.76 per annum.
7. What are the current owners favourite aspects of this property? The current owners have advised that they have enjoyed the convenient location of this property, with easy access to the local schools and Altrincham town centre; they have also enjoyed the lovely neighbours and the beautiful period features in this house.
8. When was the boiler last serviced and have the electrics been checked? The owners informed us that the boiler is a Baxi boiler and was fitted 5 years ago, it has 1 year remaining on its warranty, the boiler has been serviced annually. The owners had a qualified electrician inspect the electrics in November 2021 and had a new consumer unit fitted.
9. Why are the current owners looking to sell this property? The current owners are selling to move closer to their children's school.
10. Is there access to loft storage space? Yes, there is a loft hatch in the first-floor landing, the loft has a pull down ladder, but has not been boarded.