Let a Property
Let a Property – The Process:
- A potential tenant will register as an applicant with Jameson and Partners. Here they will give all necessary personal, contact and property criteria which will be added into our database matching system.
- Once a desired rental property is found, the applicant will book a viewing at a time mutually convenient to both the applicant and the landlord and/or current resident of the property. No offers will be accepted on a property without a viewing having first taken place.
- If the applicant decides after the viewing that they wish to apply to take the property, an application fee must be paid and the applicant will be put through referencing.
- If the referencing comes back with no problems and the Landlord is in agreement that the applicant meets all their tenant criteria, the applicant will be asked for a holding deposit pay equivalent to one week’s rent. This reserves the property before they sign the Tenancy Agreement.
- The successful applicant will then be set a date for the Tenancy Agreement to be signed and the move-in process to occur, after any final checks and the pre move-in inventory have taken place.
Tenant Fee Structure and Letting Process
Jameson & Partners provides a full range of rental services for landlords. It starts with the creation of a comprehensive advert of your property. You can trust us to conduct thorough background checks on potential tenants. We can also carry out period inspections, arrange repairs and fully manage your property. Contact us to get started.
Our expertise enables us to advise how to make the most of your investment property. And we are available 7 days a week to deal with tenant problems.
Here’s what the rental process entails:
- We ask the landlord to complete a questionnaire to help us provide accurate information to prospective tenants.
- We create a detailed floorplan of the property.
- We take a professional set of photos of all rooms in the property.
- We write a description of all spaces, internal and external.
- Our completed advertisement is posted on Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location, On the Market and on our website.
- We print off brochures for drop in applicants and place an advert in our Altrincham shop window.
- We accompany all viewings.
- Once offers are received, we discuss these with the landlord.
- Any potential applicant is reference checked for suitability and reliability. These checks include character references, previous landlord references, work references, an interview and a credit check.
- Once completed, references are provided to the landlord for approval.
- Once approved, we create an inventory of the property and a rental contract.
- A move in appointment is arranged and the tenancy can commence.
Application Fee Structure:
We are no longer permitted to charge tenants for referencing or any admin fees, therefore, we simply charge the following deposits:
- Holding Deposit – Equivalent to one weeks rent (charged on commencement of application)
- Full deposit will be 5 weeks rent (charged prior to tenancy commencement)
Landlord Fee Structure
Our fees are negotiable if you have multiple properties which you wish for us to let or manage for you. Our standard fees are as follows:
- Finder’s fee (managed property): 50% of the 1st months’ rent
- Finder’s fee (let only property): 80% of 1st months’ rent
- Management is 10% pcm
- Tenancy renewal is £100
- Court attendance £200 per person
- Copies of keys £10 per key
*all fees are plus VAT