Let a Property
- A potential tenant will register as an applicant with Jameson and Partners LTD where they will give all necessary personal, contact and property criteria which will be added into our database matching system.
- The applicant will then book a viewing at the desired rental property at a time mutually convenient to both the applicant and the landlord and/or current resident of the property. No offers will be accepted on a property without a viewing have first taken place.
- If the applicant decides after the viewing that they wish to apply to take the property, an application fee must be paid and the applicant will then be put through referencing.
- If the referencing comes back with no problems and the Landlord is in agreement that the applicant meets all their tenant criteria, the applicant will then be asked for a holding deposit payment of £50 which reserves the property before they sign the Tenancy Agreement.
- The successful applicant will then be set a date for the Tenancy Agreement to be signed and the move-in process to occur after any final checks and the pre move-in inventory have taken place.
Tenants Fee Structure and Letting Process
Jameson and Partners provide a full range of rental service for landlords. We can create a comprehensive advertisement of your property; conduct thorough background checks on potential tenants; we can carry out period inspections; arrange repairs and of course fully managed your property.
We advise our clients on how to make the most of their investment properties and are available 7 days week to deal with tenant problems.
The rental process entails:
- We ask the landlord to complete a questionnaire to assist us in providing accurate information to prospective tenants
- We create a detailed floorplan of the property
- We take a professional set of photos of all rooms in the property
- We write a description of each space, internal and external
- Our completed advertisement is posted on Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location, On the Market and on our website
- We also print off brochures for drop in applicants and place an advert in the shop window
- We accompany all viewings
- Once offers are received we discuss these with the landlord
- Any suitable applicant will then be reference checked for suitability and reliability, these checks include character references, pervious landlord references, work references, an interview and the credit check
- Once completed references are provided to the landlord for approval
- Once approved we create an inventory of the property and a rental contract
- A move in appointment is arranged and the tenancy can commence
Application Fee Structure:
We are no longer permitted to charge tenants for referencing or any admin fees, therefore, we simply charge the following deposits:
- Holding Deposit – Equivalent to one weeks rent (charged on commencement of application)
- Full deposit will be 5 weeks rent (charged prior to tenancy commencement)
Landlord Fee Structure
Our fees are negotiable if you have multiple properties which you wish for us to let or manage for you. Our standard fees are as follows:
- Finder’s fee (managed property): 50% of the 1st months’ rent
- Finder’s fee (let only property): 80% of 1st months’ rent
- Management is 10% pcm
- Tenancy renewal is £100
- Court attendance £200 per person
- Copies of keys £10 per key
*all fees are plus VAT