Clarendon Avenue, Altrincham
- Five Double Bedroom Semi-Detached Property
- Off-Road Parking for Four Vehicles
- Large Garage
- Short Walk into Altrincham
- Five Minutes Walk to Metrolink Station
- Private Front and Rear Garden
- Period Features Throughout
- Within Catchment of Trafford's Schools
The property is located a short walk into Altrincham town centre, the Metro link station and within catchment of several sought after schools.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION An impressive five bedroom semi-detached house, with stunning gothic windows, high ceilings and beautiful period features throughout. This gorgeous family home, offers a large drive with scope to park four vehicles off road, a garage and a private rear garden. The house benefits from a large basement with ample storage space, utility room and shower room. This space could be converted into a self contained apartment, if required. There is a large family bathroom on the first floor and additional shower room on the second floor. The property also offers three large reception rooms to the ground floor.
The property is located just a short walk into Altrincham town centre, with easy access to the Metrolink and an array of sought after local schools.
ENTRANCE HALL 5' 4" x 20' 3" (1.65m x 6.18m) The property is entered via a grand gothic door with glazed panels which is reached via a stone staircase from the front driveway. The entrance hall comprises of recessed spotlighting; a window to the side aspect; a double panel radiator; polished wooden floorboards, with a recessed door mat adjacent to the front entrance door.
From the entrance hall, one can access the kitchen-breakfast room via an arched opening; the rear garden via a wooden panelled door with glazed inserts; the first-floor accommodation via a balustrade staircase and there are three additional wooden panelled doors, allowing access to the lower ground floor, the lounge and the living room.
LOUNGE 13' 11" x 13' 9" (4.26m x 4.20m) The lounge is accessed via a wooden panelled door leading from the entrance hall. This room offers a sash window to the rear aspect, fitted with a roman blind and a sash window to the side aspect, fitted with plantation shutters; recessed spot lighting; polished floorboards; a double panel radiator; decorative mantel with electric imitation wood burning stove.
LIVING ROOM 17' 5" x 13' 10" (5.32m x 4.24m) The living room is also located off the entrance hall with an impressive bay window to the front aspect; polished wooden floorboards; a period fire surround housing an open fire; television point; recessed spotlighting; and a double panel radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM 18' 6" x 13' 1" (5.66m x 4.00m) The kitchen-breakfast room is accessed via an opening from the entrance hall and offers access to the rear garden via a wooden panelled door with glazed inserts. This room benefits from floods of natural light via two large windows to the rear aspect, fitted with roman blinds; there is also a pendant light fitting and recessed spotlighting; tiled flooring; a double panelled radiator; a range of matching solid wood base and eye-level storage units; with granite worktops over; a recessed Belfast sink; central island with breakfast bar; space for range cooker and hob with integrated extractor fan over; integrated fridge, freezer, and dishwasher.
MASTER BEDROOM 15' 1" x 14' 1" (4.60m x 4.30m) The master bedroom is located off the first-floor landing with an grand extended gothic style window to the front aspect; carpeted flooring; fitted wardrobes; a pendant light fitting and a double panel radiator.
BEDROOM TWO 13' 11" x 13' 9" (4.25m x 4.20m) The second generous double bedroom is also located off the first-floor landing, with windows to the side and rear aspect, fitted with horizontal blinds. This bedroom comprises carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; a single panel radiator and fitted wardrobes.
BATHROOM 13' 3" x 14' 5" (4.05m x 4.40m) The main vast family bathroom is located off the first-floor landing with a sash window to the rear aspect, fitted with horizontal blinds. This room offers wall-to-wall fitted storage cupboards; a panelled bath with tiled surround; a wall mounted hand wash basin with storage under; a low-level WC; carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting and a single panelled radiator.
BEDROOM THREE 13' 9" x 14' 1" (4.20m x 4.30m) The third large double bedroom is located off the second-floor landing with a large gothic style window to the side apsect. This bedroom is fitted with carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; a single panelled radiator and built-in wardrobes.
BEDROOM FOUR 13' 3" x 13' 2" (4.06m x 4.03m) The fourth double bedroom is also located off the second floor landing with a Velux skylight to the rear aspect. This bedroom comprises carpeted flooring; a built-in wardrobe; ceiling mounted multi-directional spotlighting; and a hatch allowing access to the loft storage space.
BEDROOM FIVE 20' 8" x 9' 10" (6.30m x 3.00m) The final bedroom is also located off the second-floor landing with a gothic style window to the front aspect. This bedroom would also be ideal as a home office, and is fitted with carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; and a double panel radiator.
SHOWER ROOM 9' 3" x 5' 0" (2.82m x 1.53m) Located off the landing between the first and second floors the shower room offers a window to the rear aspect. This room is fitted with tiled flooring; a chrome wall mounted heated towel rail and single panel radiator; a pendant light fitting; fitted storage cupboards; a low-level WC; a wall mounted hand wash basin and a shower cubicle with electric shower system.
BASEMENT UTILITY SPACE 13' 10" x 13' 5" (4.22m x 4.09m) The basement utility space is accessed from the lower ground floor landing area and is a large space with window to the rear aspect; carpeted flooring; recessed spot lighting; space and plumbing for washer and tumble dryer; and access to the lower ground floor shower room via a wooden panelled door with glazed inserts.
The shower room comprises a window to the rear aspect; tiled flooring and part-tiled walls; a low-level WC; wall mounted hand wash basin and shower cubicle with electric shower system.
BASEMENT STORAGE ROOM 12' 11" x 16' 3" (3.94m x 4.96m) The front chamber of the basement is currently utilised as a storage space, accessed from the lower ground floor landing. This room is offers a window to the side aspect; concrete flooring; a wall mounted strip light; and fitted storage cabinets. There is an additional larder adjacent to this room, which is also fitted with a ceiling mounted strip light; concrete flooring and fitted shelving.
GARAGE 19' 3" x 14' 11" (5.88m x 4.56m) The garage can be reached via the up-and-over garage door to the front aspect opening to the front drive, or via a wooden panelled door leading into the rear garden. The garage is fitted with a ceiling mounted strip light and concrete flooring.
EXTERNAL To the front of the property one will find a large drive with off-road parking for four vehicles and access to the garage.
To the rear of the property, one will find a low-maintenance rear garden, which well maintained borders stocked with mature shrubs and plants. There is an artificial grassed lawn and a timber pergola over the paved patio area creating a shaded seating area with an established grape vine and Wisteria growing over. From the rear garden paved steps lead down to the rear garage door and stone steps lead to the rear landing door and kitchen-breakfast room door.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. How long has the current owner lived at this property? The current owner has lived at the property for around 24 years.
2. Why is this property being sold? The owners of this property are now looking to downsize to a smaller home in the area.
3. Has the current owner carried out any repairs to the roof recently? Yes, the owner has had a roofer who has earlier this year replaced slates as needed; cleared the gutters and re-pointed the brickwork to the rear of the house and to the chimney stack.
4. Which are the current owners favourite aspects of this property? The current owner has advised that she loves the high ceilings throughout the property; the gorgeous period features; the low maintenance rear garden; large kitchen-dining room and the convenience of having Altrincham town centre and the Metro link station just a short walk away.
5. Which items will the owners include in the sale prices? The owner is happy to include the integrated appliances in the kitchen. These are a dishwasher, and an under-counter fridge and freezer.
6. Will there be a chain associated with the sale of this property? The owner of this property is looking to agree an onward purchase, but will need a sale agreed on this property in order to secure a new home. She is willing to move in with her family who live locally, to allow for a buyer to proceed quickly if necessary.
7. How much is the council tax for this property? The property is in Trafford Council and is a band E, which is currently £2,293.79 per annum. Some discounts are available, depending on your circumstances.
8. What is the internal size of the property? The internal size of the property based on our measurements comes to 3301 square feet or 306.7 square meters, including the garage.