The Downs, Altrincham
Property SummaryStunning 1124 square feet (104.4 sq.m.) retail unit in the heart of Altrincham, located on the ground floor facing onto the high street. The unit is well maintained and would be ideal for a service sector business. Viewings highly recommended.
Located in the heart of Altrincham on The Downs, one of the most beautiful and prestigious streets in the Town Center. The unit is within a three story Victoria property, the property is a mid-terrace amongst other retail units. This street is occupied by several thriving Estate Agents; a hair salon/ nail and beautiful bar; fashion boutique; high end furniture retailer; and the RBS bank.
1. Is the property freehold or leasehold? This property is freehold. Therefore there are no ground rent or service charge.
2. Is there any parking available? The property does not come with any off-road parking. There are however, various places to park locally. There is pay and display parking on The Downs, there are also several car parks where you can rent a space. There is also space to park a pedal or motorbike behind the property.
3. What is the rateable value of this property? For this property the rateable value is £14,750/£6,785. However, the property falls within the criteria for rate relief, therefore rates are not payable for a small business in this location.
4. When was the boiler last service? The landlord is having the boiler services next week (Jan 2018).
5. What is located over the shop? The unit over the shop is a large residential apartment, which is currently owner occupied. The owner has a new room recently installed and takes very good care of the property.
6. Is there a good level of demand for commercial rentals in this area? Yes, Altrincham is a very up and coming area with new businesses opening daily. The unit can be easily filled.
7. What are the public transport links like in this location? You have the metro station just 5 minutes walk away, with regular trains to the city centre. There is also an over ground train station in the same location and numerous regular buses.
8. I am starting a new business what support is available? Trafford are offering interest free loans to small start ups who take a unit in this location, this offer is for a limited time only, but you can borrow up to £25,000, this is intended for use decorating and set up a high street shop.
9. Is the shop secure? Yes the property is protected by a security alarm and has a secure front and rear entrance.
The property is entered either from the retail entrance via a glazed door at the front street entrance or via the rear door. The retail area is large, ample for 4/5 desks, measuring 26'8 X 16'4 (8.14m X 4.97m). The front façade is fully glazed with space for a large sign across the full width of the shop front.
There is also a back meeting room behind the main office space; a kitchen and WC; and a basement floor with ample storage space or scope to convert into further office space if required.
The current rentable value is estimated at £13,000pa + VAT.
There are no rates to pay on this unit for a small business.
Meter parking available on The Downs, or spaces available from various car parks in the town center.
Viewings available by appointment, please contact the office to make arrangements.